OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Acog problem please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acog problem please help
    Posted: February/13/2015 at 18:08

I have a acog on a aug a3.  Went shooting today and at 100 it is horrible off.  So long story short here is a picture of the target.  Now I think 3 hit the middle but im not sure.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Edited by cheaptrick - February/14/2015 at 06:18
Aug View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2015 at 18:09
Well im not sure why it didn't post the picture.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2015 at 18:37
You must have a minimum of 50 posts in order to post pictures. 

I'll send you a PM with my email address and you can send them to me and I'll post them for you. 

Stand by..

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2015 at 18:43
Check your Private Message box, please. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 06:19
I'm thinking you have a loose mount, Austin. 
Aug View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 07:37
Its on a arms mount.  I checked the screws and did have a loose one, but that was before I shot this last group.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 08:43
Can you back it off and shoot at 50 yards and check? 25?
Aug View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 12:29
I did try 50 and 25.  The shots in white are at 25 and the ones in red are the shots at 50.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 12:32
Is the ACOG new? 
Aug View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 12:51
I bought it used 5 years ago. When I first got it, it was dead on.  It had been a while since I shot it so I took it out and that's when this current problem arose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 13:49
You have a bad scope, or a bad mounting link. I'd call Trijicon Monday and talk to them, Austin. 

You may want to try taking the scope out of the mount and redo it all over again. I've done that in the past. Some times it works, sometime no.  
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 14:33
Looks to me like it is sighted in at 25 yards. Which if so would make u high at 50. Because Augs mount so high above the bore there can be some big angles involved. Adjust tour sights so at 25 yards you are hitting 3ish imches low. That will put u closer at 100

Edited by supertool73 - February/14/2015 at 15:24
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Aug View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 19:03
If its sighted in at 25 why are the shots so bad at 100?  They should just be low, not all over the place.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 19:56
If u are sighted at 25 they will be high at 100 not low. Around 9 inches high.   If u sight in at 25 your bullet starts out below your line of sight. in order to cross your line of sight at 25 yards the bullet is going up at a steep angle so it can cross your sight line to zero at 25 yards. So now that the bullet is above your line of sight it will remain there until you hit around 460 yards. Then It drops below your line of sight.

Having a scope mount 3 to 3.5 inches above your bore as ARs and augs do and then sighting at 25 yards creates a huge angle issue.

So sight in so u are 3 or so inches low at 25 yards and try again.

As far as why you are all over the place i have no idea. But based on your 25 and 50 yard groups i am thinkimg shooter issue more so than scope or mount issue. Not trying to be rude that just what i see.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Aug View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 20:40
I don't think your being rude.  The shooter causes more error in shooting then anything else.  I was shooting prone off a bag, but the aug has a 10lbs pull which doesn't help anything.  I will give your previous suggestion a try.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 22:44
With a 10 lb trigger, trigger control could definitely be an issue. Slow constant steady pressure. Just slowly build up the pressure til u get a surpise break. Sometimes i like to say over and over in my head. "Press,press,press, "etc til it breaks. Helps me a lot on heavy triggers.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic