OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vince Gill and the Time Jumpers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vince Gill and the Time Jumpers
    Posted: February/11/2015 at 08:04
Mrs. Bugs and I attended their performance last night in Orlando. Wow, just wow. It's just some of the best musicians (ever) playing and singing.. no glitz, no props. Some was swing, some was traditional and some was Vince's more modern stuff. These guys are so talented it's amazing. Even some of the old stuff (sort of off my radar) was great. We had front row, center seats and were literally within spitting distance of Vince and the gang. They were friendly, funny and obviously thoroughly enjoying themselves. Hell, Vince had sandals, jeans and an old black T-shirt on that looked like an old yard work shirt. LOL. Plus, twernt no razor on his face for days either!!! HA HA. Anyway, if anybody ever gets the chance to see these guys... do so!!! Even if it's not your favorite type of music, the talent is extremely evident. ExcellentExcellentExcellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2015 at 14:51
Guess there is no love for VG on this site!!! Too bad. Whatever
               Anomymous
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2015 at 15:22
Not true.  He's an amazing guitar player, just as amazing as a singer, just not my forte in terms of his swooney music.  The guitar he plays is so technically perfect, though, I can listen past his girly voice.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2015 at 15:43
I love live shows. Glad you and the Missus enjoyed yourselves. 

I'm not sure I know WHO Vince Gill is.....Bucky I've heard the name though.

Hey...was he the front man for Motley Crue??  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2015 at 21:07
Vince Gill.....didn't he play the Creature From the Black Lagoon?   

Visit the Ed Show
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2015 at 05:39
Vince Gill did a really good video with Reba McEntire ("The Heart Don't Lie").  it was a take-off on "An Officer and A Gentleman".

My wife and I attended a Vince Gill concert, and he did a fine job of entertaining.  One hilarious song he did was "It's Hard to Kiss the Lips At Night That Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long"! 

My wife laughed as hard as I did!
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2015 at 11:32
Love his guitar playing and a great voice..Boo Hoo
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2015 at 16:24
Vince (along with Ricky Scaggs and Patty Loveless) did an amazing song at George Jones' tribute (I believe). Go rest high on that mountain.... or some such title. Brings a tear to the eye and a lump in the throat. Cool
               Anomymous
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2015 at 16:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdO6mW_B34M
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2015 at 09:48
Vince is not my cup of tea but he is a gifted Country Western Singer songwriter.

I found out early in life (more by mistake than design) that good musicians can make just about any music enjoyable!!!!.  My dad took a job managing the Miami Greater Philharmonic Society in Miami Florida in early 70s. (it later folded in '81 to be re-incarnated in '85 as Miami Philharmonic orchestra)

I was 12-13 and not the least bit interested in Orchestra music just hard rock.  But then I got to go back stage during a concert with the  Boston Pops w/ Arthur Fidler Conducting.  All I can say is it opened my eye to what GOOD MUSICIANS can do to any music!!!!   Excellent
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic