OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for my Rem 280

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkey Agent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope for my Rem 280
    Posted: February/04/2015 at 19:24
Looking for scope for my 280 really dosent matter what brand. Just want something thats going to be tuff and hold zero $400 range.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2015 at 19:52
Get a Weaver and go have a steak with the rest.  Smile
Visit the Ed Show
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2015 at 21:19
i like the vortex viper
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2015 at 21:57
I just bought a .280 Steyr Pro Hunter (and same in .260 Rem) on their year end blow out sale which seemed to be on non-current calibers and overstocked bolt guns.  Son of Ed will not believe this but I shot it with a Weaver 3-15x Tactical from my Savage .308.  The permanent scope will be my SWFA 3-9x (because I may have to sell the Weaver to Son of Ed so I can afford to buy my wife a steak for Valentine's Day).  However, I wanted to evaluate the .280 before dropping it off to have the metal done in Cerakote and the stock hydro dipped.  My max range for this rifle will be 600 yards on limited occasions.  In my opinion the 3-15 SS, 3-15 Weaver and the SS 3-9 would all be good choices.  If keeping the weight down is a goal there are other options others here are better qualified to cover since my optical experience has pretty much been limited to the brands mentioned here, Burris, Leupold and Nikon.

(As painful as it would be I might consider selling you one of my Weaver K-4s if I don't have to throw them in when Son of Ed buys my Weaver Tactical.)
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2015 at 16:45

" ( Weaver K4!!! ) "   

Visit the Ed Show
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2015 at 16:50
How in the heck did you get hold of my Junior Prom picture?  I got my first Weaver K 4 a year later for graduation!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic