OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Dude tackled by other dude for concealed gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dude tackled by other dude for concealed gun
    Posted: January/23/2015 at 16:33
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2015 at 16:42
I see people in my community all the time carrying open.  Mr Foster would probably go nuts here seeing all these evil people with guns. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2015 at 18:10
Arrest and hauled off.  Excellent

Git a life!   
Visit the Ed Show
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2015 at 20:25
Would have loved it to be a off duty cop! Hook'em and Book'em Danno! After the attitude adjustment of course!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2015 at 20:50
I thought you were supposed to tackle anyone in Florida who walked into WAL-MART without a gun.
Reaction time is a factor...
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2015 at 06:58
Almost... tackle anybody (in Florida) who walks into a WalMart... PERIOD!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2015 at 21:55
Bugs,does that go for Mrs.President also?
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2015 at 11:53

I spent about 20 min readin comments behind that article. I think maybe two comments out of over a hundred were liberal. The consensus seemed to be that Foster was a hero want-a-be liberal who would not have acted if the man had been younger. A lot of speculation to be sure. We don't know what Foster may or may not had observed before taking action. The older man may have said or done something to cause Foster to perceive a real threat. We could all find ourselves in a similar situation at any time. Regardless of what Foster's intent or motivation may have been. His course of action was one of the worst he could have possibly chosen (obviously). *Proof* that the willingness to act in defense of self or others and the ability to successfully subdue you objective can be disastrous if you don't or can't see a bigger picture. I won't judge Foster as the man. He may be a liberal nut job or he may be a simple "good ole boy" who had poorly educated himself as or under armchair warriors. I will use this disaster as a learnin/teachin tool. Anytime I see someone (around here) with a open or poorly concealed sidearm my first impression is "an improperly educated patriot" or "somebody who wants to intimidate or invite trouble. No, not everyone who carries open fits those descriptions, that is just my first impression. I am constantly drilling those that I train that, carless or open display of your sidearm makes you a target. Either as first to be terminated in an attack or for anti-gun criticism. That was the old mans error. Foster's many errors were, (possibly) misreading the situation, initiating takedown action too soon and the action he took had it been on a trained or experienced individual *should have* resulted in his being shot/killed. He may not have seen security to inform or he may not have considered it. We just don't know. Always use events like this as learning tools. You get to see how individuals respond to perceived threats as well as the current mindset of law enforcement and the populace. Wither Foster is a liberal nut job or a good ole boy this is a kick in the teeth of gun rights. No matter how things turnout for him it will serve as fuel for the anti's.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic