OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA Warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus7131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA Warranty
    Posted: December/29/2014 at 18:36
I bought a used SWFA 10x42 hd off of sniper's hide about a week ago and when it arrived the elevation knob spun freely without any clicks. I tried tightening the hex head screw but found that the ribbed portion that makes provides the means for clicks inside the turret would just spin with the entire assembly. The seller refused to provide a refund so I called SWFA and was told to send it as it would be covered under warranty. My question is how long is the typical turnaround for warranty work for SWFA?

Thanks,
Max
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 19:36
if they have one in stock they will more than likely replace it with a new one..... They are A+ man.  you'll be happy with them. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 19:41
Welcome to the OT.  Who was the seller? did they at least tell you the turret knob had a problem? If not classify them as a peckerwood and go on. I am not with SWFA so I really can't speak for the turn around time but Chris and SWFA are great folks that stand behind their products above and beyond in most cases. Good to hear they haven't changed any. Excellent 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 19:42
Dang Graham, lighten fingers beat me to it.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
maximus7131 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus7131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 20:21
Great to hear, I've heard nothing but great things about them which was one of the major selling points for me. Correction I bought it on AR15.com, the seller said he was unaware of the problem but the appropriate actions have been taken concerning that. I am fully confident that I will be taken care of, was just curious as to the wait time as I am more than anxious to get this rifle out to my parents farm and put it through its paces. Thank you for the feedback
shootindoc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootindoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 22:36
So I just wanted to post my experience somewhere regarding the SWFA warranty and this looked like a good place.

I currently own 3 ss fixed scopes and have never had a problem. I recently bought a 5-20 HD used from snipers hide.   It was advertised in perfect shape but ended up having a subtle blemish on the reticle.   I contacted SWFA customer service and they said to send it back.   3 days later I called to see how it was going and they informed me there was a defect on the reticle coat.   I asked how much or what would be needed to fix it and the reply was a BRAND NEW one was being sent out. It arrived two days later.    That is the best warranty and customer service I have ever seen from any company.    I will continue to only own SWFA scopes.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2015 at 12:50
B I N G O!!! Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2015 at 16:00
Oh Yea Baby
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic