OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mississippi Beaver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REMF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mississippi Beaver
    Posted: December/24/2014 at 11:39
Of course, the jokes associated with hunting beaver are endless.  For his 8th birthday, all my son wanted was to shoot a beaver.  That's it.  Nothing else.  It just so happens that the critters are flooding our place with a whole lot of dams.  

This past week, we got a MONSTER.  This sucker would make the book if B&C scored beaver!  

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2014 at 11:39
WOW!

That is the largest Beaver I have seen.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2014 at 11:46
That is awesome. Give is some bever hunt details..
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2014 at 12:26
How long and what did it weigh?

Very nice.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2014 at 12:40
Cool picture! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2014 at 12:45
One of our banks is in a town called Beaver.  ALl the stores around town have shirts and hats that say "I love Beaver"

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2014 at 23:08
Bucky
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2014 at 23:13
My sister used to live in Glenrock, Wyoming.  Their property was right up on the North Platte River on the north and Deer Creek in the back as it emptied into the Platte.  She was looking out the kitchen window one day as a beaver was just finishing chewing down one of their trees...and it crashed down into the river.  

We used to fish off their yard in the Platte and the beavers used to swim around and splash their tails and spoil everything on purpose!   Shocked

Visit the Ed Show
REMF View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REMF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 10:13
Hunt Details:  It was as redneck as you might imagine.  Nighttime.  Spotlights.  22 LRs.  He took multiple rounds to bring down.  

Measurements:  We didn't take a length or weight, but I can pull him out of the freezer this weekend and check.

I want to have him mounted and put at the camp, but I've come across several taxidermists who don't want anything to do with it.  It's pretty easy to skin the critter in the way they are required for sale, but apparently they are some work.  

I do, however, want the skull bleached.  Here is a picture of a beaver that Rancid Koolaid shot on our property a couple of years ago.
REMF View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REMF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 10:21
Oh.  And we named the beaver "Buc-ee"  (Pronounced Buck-E).  

If you're from Texas, you're very familiar with that beaver.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 10:37
I lived in Natchitoches, Louisiana for a few years during the late 1990's (job transfer). At first, we rented a house next to Sibley Lake. As I was moving my stuff into the house, honest to goodness, I noticed someone had thrown the remains of a skinned out beaver carcass right on the edge of my driveway. Given that most every morsel of meat had been expertly removed by somebody who obviously knew how to use a knife and was no stranger to beaver anatomy, it was evident some Cajun had killed that beaver for table fare. As I was about to scoop up and dispose of the beaver carcass, a local police officer and his partner pulled into my driveway to welcome me to the neighborhood. I pointed to the beaver carcass and said "I know you crazy Cajuns will eat damn near anything, but... y'all actually EAT BEAVER?" Without missing a beat, the 2 officers turned to look at each other, grinned, and said "guilty!"
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 11:00
....I was just gonna say that!!  Them Cajuns will eat anything that crawls, wiggles or swims!   Beavers are supposed to smell real bad...kinda like a woodchuck tastes!  Shocked
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 11:07
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 11:09

Only 300 more miles to Buc-ees!!   Clean Rest Rooms!    Smile

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 11:13
Big Grin

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 12:32

" It's kind of like WALL DRUG!  Only 950 miles to WALL DRUG! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 09:26
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

....I was just gonna say that!!  Them Cajuns will eat anything that crawls, wiggles or swims!   Beavers are supposed to smell real bad...kinda like a woodchuck tastes!  Shocked
I'm waiting for some o' you boys from prairie dog country to weigh in...
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 20:14
I once went out with a girl from Atlanta.....does that count?   Big Grin
Visit the Ed Show
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 21:07
If it moves its food.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2014 at 04:44
Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic