OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for a 6ppc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m00n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope for a 6ppc
    Posted: December/18/2014 at 19:30
I just picked up a used Cooper Montana Varminter 6ppc.  Will probably be shooting some gophers but mostly paper.  No long distance shooting - 6ppc should be awesome inside 300yds but after that I think I'd pick up another rifle.   No serious competitive shooting beyond fat guy, barbeque, and beer events.  I'm going around in circles thinking about scoping it. 

My first choice is a S&B 10-50x56 PMII.  Second choice is a Kahles K 1050 (same idea as the S&B but different).  Next a Nightforce 12-42x56 Benchrest.  Lastly, a Bushnell Elite 4.5-30x50.  There are $600 to $1,000 price jumps between each of those listed up to a street price of $3,100 for the S&B. 

Weight is not an issue but precision and optical quality are - I want to squeeze all of the accuracy out the 6ppc that I can.  I have 4-16 and 6-24 Zeiss Diavari scopes on other rifles and I'm mostly happy with those but I want to have higher magnification on the 6ppc.  I think I'd want to stay with a variable scope to be able to back off if I need to but how do the fixed 35x or 45x Competition Leupolds compare?  What are other scopes to consider? Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic