OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

6.8 spc scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 12:23
That Leupy design must have been based on the 3-9 I used to have. I'd adjust the elevation 2 clicks and the windage would shift 3 or 4...or vice-versa. Got rid of it quick...no time to slap turrets.
Reaction time is a factor...
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 12:32
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by osprey osprey wrote:

Carbon fiber stock - forearm grip - pencil barrel - composite lower.

Cool! Even with all carbon fiber furniture and pencil, carbine length barrel, the lightest AR I've seen to date weighed around 6 lbs, maybe a shade under. The basic AR platform is a pretty tough rifle to put on a serious diet and compete with weights that are possible with bolt actions. Did you assemble it yourself, or does someone offer an "out of the box" package that light?

I got it on a trade Monday. Spur of the moment someone needed some cash quick I have been looking up the components. Some I can't seem to find any labeling.
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 12:42
Has this stamped on the barrel.
Rifle Barrels / North Manufacturing Co.

Anyone hear of these?
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 12:44
"5c" on the other side.
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 12:51
The trigger has a capital "G" on it?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 12:54
I believe that would be a broughton barrel.  They are high end.

G probably stands for Gisselle.  They are also high end
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:02

Has this stamped on the barrel.
Rifle Barrels / North Manufacturing Co.

Anyone hear of these?

North Mfg is Broughton. Excellent barrels!

Edit: Sorry, Jason; I saw his question and responded before I scrolled down further and noticed you already answered the question.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:05
The suppressor has "surefire SOCOM68" on it.
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:07
The iron sights have "M1" or "MI" on them?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:08
MI is probably midwest industries.  I have several of their sights and like them. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:12
At the time I really didn't know what was getting. The more I look at this it is like a work of art and functions equally.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:12

"5c" on the other side.

"5C" is similar to "5R" style rifling, designed to create less fouling, less jacket upset, a theoretically better gas seal, and theoretically, less pressure. The "5R" profile is an Obermeyer invention used by a couple other barrel makers featuring 5 rifling lands, with gentle slope transition between the lands and the grooves. "5C" is Broughton's answer to 5R, designed to achieve the same goals, featuring "canted" lands.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:16
The upper has what looks to be a keyhole with three vertical dots in it?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:19
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

"5c" on the other side.

"5C" is similar to "5R" style rifling, designed to create less fouling, less jacket upset, a theoretically better gas seal, and theoretically, less pressure. The "5R" profile is an Obermeyer invention used by a couple other barrel makers featuring 5 rifling lands, with gentle slope transition between the lands and the grooves. "5C" is Broughton's answer to 5R, designed to achieve the same goals, featuring "canted" lands.

I do not know if this is much an invention since this type of rifling has been used in Russia for a while and that is where American barrel makers originally got the idea.  One difference though is that most Russian barrel have four grooves, instead of five in the 5R and similar designs.

ILya
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:20
HPF-NMX Handguard-Carbon Fiber octagonal short

Is on the inside of hand guard?
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:27
McAnn Industries

Is on the inside if the pistol grip?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:29
The odd vs even # of lands is a very important aspect of the 5R/5C design, though. By having an odd number of lands, you always have a land opposite a groove across the bore diameter. This "pinches" the bullet jacket less. Although it may have similarities to and may have been inspired by earlier rifling designs, the specific "5R" profile, with its combination of specific transition angles and land and groove widths it uses was invented by "Boots" Obermeyer. Polygonal rifling is an example of another style of rifling that uses the same general concept (eliminating sharp angle shoulder transitions) for the same reasons.

Besides Broughton with their "5C" rifling, Shilen had a version they called their "ratchet" rifling.

The goal of all is essentially the same.
Ted

osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:35
Smoke composites

I think?(faded) it says on front ring of the stock.

osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:39
AXTS Weapons Systems

For the charging handle.
osprey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osprey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2014 at 13:42
Relia-Bolt??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic