OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Ruger American Ranch and Preditor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ruger American Ranch and Preditor
    Posted: October/23/2014 at 10:01
Ruger has expanded their American line again.  They now have a bunch of rifles with short threaded barrels for suppressors.  They even have a 300BLK.  I am pretty excited as I have wanted a bolt gun in 300 BLK and most likely these will be under $400.  Excellent

http://ruger.com/products/americanRifleRanch/models.html

http://ruger.com/products/americanRiflePredator/models.html
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2014 at 16:34
WOW  under $400 would be nice!
take em!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2014 at 18:00

" You run on home, Joey... and tell your Mother there's no more walnut in the valley. It's all plastic! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2014 at 19:49
I recently read a review by a credible gun writer on a group of writers that used these rifles with Redfield scopes and standard Federal ammo at Gunsite for a long range hunting rifle class.  Allegedly they all grouped MOA or less at the 100 yard sight in and most if not all of the shooters were consistently banging steel at 700 yards.  The 6.5 Creedmore is very intriguing and this is a relatively inexpensive way to try it.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2014 at 21:06
I never could get most high end Rugers to shoot MOA so I'm not convinced that they make a rifle under $500 that will with factory ammo.

However, I started reloading this past Spring so I may give them a try.

Eagle
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2014 at 00:48
I've had the same experience (older Ruger rifles).  I think accuracy is more consistent now that Ruger make their own hammer forged barrels.  My SR 556 C shoots sub MOA so I am seriously considering the American in 6.5 Creedmore.  I hand load for everything and have rifles that I have never shot a factory round in.  I usually start the process by checking to see what Sierra and Nosler show as the most accurate loads/powders and go from there or look for load data articles in Handloader Magazine.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2014 at 08:05
I'm liking the predator model.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic