OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Haunted mansion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haunted mansion
    Posted: October/05/2014 at 14:22
Near my house. It's called the " Giddings Stone Mansion" (after a person's name, not building materials), built in 1870. I intentionally gave it a more surreal look in post to make it more eerie.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2014 at 14:40
That's creepy.....
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2014 at 15:01
Great pic Ted. Very interesting home.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2014 at 16:13
Ted, is that the place we drove by?
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2014 at 20:20
Yes, sir, Ric; it is.

I just went out there a week ago and took a pic of it as it was getting dark and we had a decent sunset. Was originally planning to use it for my "dark" photo contest pic. I added some illumination to the window in the top center to make it look like a light was on inside (to make it look spookier) and enhanced the vibrance of the blues, also to give it a colder, more eerie look.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2014 at 07:48
Well done Ted. Photo is way nifty.
               Anomymous
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2014 at 08:16
Excellent Excellent Excellent

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2014 at 08:51
Just to clarify; nobody lives there, so I wasn't trespassing when I took the pic. It is a historical house owned by the Heritage Society of Washington County. People can rent the place to hold weddings and other such events.

http://giddingsstonemansion.com/weddings-events/

Here is a pic of it during the daytime:

Ted

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2014 at 10:48
Stately!

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2014 at 11:03
Excellent Awesome job!
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2014 at 11:14
Truth be told, that's Ted's Man Cave!  Hippie
               Anomymous
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2014 at 13:08
The daytime photo is pretty cool, but I have to say...I rather enjoy the appealing shot that you took.

There is a house down the road from the office I will take a picture of and send to you Ted,  I would like to gather your thoughts....
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2014 at 13:22
I didn't take the daytime photo. It was just one I found on the net for comparison.
Ted

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2014 at 09:20
Unbelievable!  Very cool!  The straight house doesn't look like the same house as the spooky one!!   What a great picture.   

( Do we still say 'picture' ? )   Whatever
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2014 at 09:22

" Eduardo would rather live in the Creepy-looking one! "  

Visit the Ed Show
daveco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 18:27
I like what you do with contrast in pics like this; ps plug in?  Great HDR, too.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 21:23
LR plug-in, Dave, though it also works with PS. I'm using the NIK collection ( https://www.google.com/nikcollection/ ). Actually, the NIK plugins work more seamlessly with PS than with LR, as in LR, you have to make separate copies of a given photo every time you edit with a different plug-in. In that photo, I relied on NIK Viveza and Color Efex Pro. One of the things I really like about the NIK plug-ins is the use of their "control points." I also think the NIK Define plug-in is better at removing noise from high ISO images than anything I've seen, and the way their Sharpener Pro works by dividing sharpening into 2 steps (RAW pre-sharpening followed by output sharpening as a last step) produces better results than simply sharpening in LR.

That particular photo was an HDR, though with the dynamic range I'm getting with my D800, I'm not doing as many HDRs as I once was.

Thanks for the comments and input, friend!
Ted

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic