OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Aimpoint Micro T-2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Aimpoint Micro T-2
    Posted: October/02/2014 at 12:54
Aimpoint Launches New Micro T-2 Sight
New sight offers additional features and enhanced performance

Chantilly, VA - Aimpoint, the originator and world leader in electronic red dot sighting technology, has announced the addition of the new Micro T-2 sight to the company's professional product line. The Micro T-2 will be available for shipment in mid-October 2014, and will be offered alongside the company's existing Micro T-1 product.

Since its introduction in 2007, the Aimpoint Micro sight has become the worldwide standard for compact reflex sights. Law enforcement and military end users have embraced this sight for its compact size, durability, and extremely long battery life. Feedback received from professional end users identified a series of desired product enhancements that have now been added to this new product. These changes include: a new sight housing which allows the addition of front and rear protective flip covers and anti-reflective devices, additional physical protection for the sight's adjustment turrets, and increased ruggedness for the sight's internal electronic components.

The most important development in this new sight however, is enhanced optical performance. A newly designed front lens, incorporating an important breakthrough in reflective lens coatings, provides a noticeable increase in the clarity and performance properties of the Micro T-2. This ensures that no matter what angle or conditions the shot presents, the user is able to get on target quickly and accurately.

"Instead of merely making improvements to an existing product, our development group started with a completely new design" said Brian Lisankie, President of Aimpoint Inc. "in terms of the optical components, the Micro T-2 takes the level of performance available from a compact sight to an entirely new level. It also provides features and performance formerly available only in much larger optics."

The Micro T-2 can be mounted on nearly any individual weapon platform, and can be used with all existing mounts that fit the Micro T-1. This sight is compatible with all generations of night vision devices. The Micro T-2 is ideal for use with Aimpoint's wide range of accessories including the 3X Magnifier, and Concealed Engagement Unit (CEU). The Micro T-2 can operate for up to five years of constant-on use, using just one CR-2032 battery, and is waterproof to 25 meters.

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2014 at 13:18
Very cool!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2014 at 14:24
I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.  Big Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2014 at 14:30
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.  Big Smile

Me too.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2014 at 14:58
Wise to choose the CR2032, everything else uses them too, and the integral covers are nice.

I am anxious to see pricing, whether the T1 goes down and this slides into that spot - or if T1 stays where it was and this is more expensive.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2014 at 16:11
Good deal. 

A little known fact I know, but I just love Aimpoint's. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2014 at 17:21
Sounds like a minor evolutionary development of T1.  A few small tweaks to an already nice design will probably make it even better.

If T1 gets cheaper I might pick one up.

ILya
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2014 at 19:14
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Sounds like a minor evolutionary development of T1.  A few small tweaks to an already nice design will probably make it even better.

If T1 gets cheaper I might pick one up.

ILya

Ditto

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
jstalford View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstalford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2014 at 10:18
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

I am anxious to see pricing, whether the T1 goes down and this slides into that spot - or if T1 stays where it was and this is more expensive.

As far as I've read, T1 is staying the same and this is coming in above it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2014 at 10:41
If true, it better do something really spectacular.  I run T1s, but other stuff too.  A more expensive red dot ain't in my immediate future.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic