OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

When it rains, it pours...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When it rains, it pours...
    Posted: September/20/2014 at 21:03
So I recently had knee surgery, and I'm still recovering from it. Well I found a good deal on an AR-15, and bought it, thinking my luck was finally getting better. The day after I purchased it my wife was hospitalized with some horrible chest/upper abdomen pain. Found out she had a quarry of gallstones in her gallbladder with a stone blocking her bile duct coming out of her gallbladder where it meets up with the duct from her pancreas. They found out her liver enzymes were really high and after dealing with a military hospital for 5 days they finally removed her gallbladder, on our daughters birthday. Now to just make sure it doesn't evolve into pancreatic issues or liver issues. At least we are both alive. Hardest part of this whole thing is both of us recovering with two children, my daughter who is 2 and my son who is 2 months.

Edited by LRSMike - September/20/2014 at 21:58
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2014 at 04:18
That's ugly Mike. hope you get well soon.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2014 at 10:54
I hope both you and your wife recover quickly, Mike!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2014 at 06:47
Mike,
 I hope you both get better fast.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2014 at 09:57
Mike,
Hope things are getting better for yall!  Big Grin
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2014 at 10:46
Man that timing sure sucks!

Prayer for a speedy recovery for both of you!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2014 at 18:45
Her incisions are about the worst part of it now. Glad it was now rather than right before flying home for Christmas. I'm finally off crutches, doctor approved (have been since she went in for surgery, I had no choice.) Knee is feeling better, still weak though. Range of motion is finally coming along. Hopefully this will last me through the wear and tear of my last few years in the Army. Thanks for the concerns friends. Hopefully in about a week she'll be moving along just fine with the only exception of lifting weight.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2014 at 19:20
Mike, it doesn't get any easier, I'm going on 73 with an old left knee dislocation and last year a right knee partially torn quadracep and partially torn meniscus it doesn't get easier. Hope you both get well soon. Prayers sent your way.

DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2014 at 21:02
Best of luck to you and your wife, Mike.  I'm saying a prayer for y'all now.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2014 at 21:26
Same here, Mike. Take care, eat right and get as much sleep as those little ones will allow you.
Reaction time is a factor...
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2014 at 21:44
God bless you and your family…. may healing be expeditious. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2014 at 03:57
I have been pretty lucky....no problems with knees.  I didn't work for the railroad long enough to begin having permanent knee damage from jumping on and off moving trains...I simply jumped ahead a few moves in the Monopoly Game of Life and went ahead and had my Once-In-A-Lifetime TRAIN WRECK very early in my career!!  Ha ha.  I was lucky in that instance, too....I had the Optional Non-Fatal Spectacular Wreck with the Being-Trapped-Under-the-Wreckage-for-Two Hours package.  Laugh

It could be worse, Mike.....Divorce and being separated from your kids would be BAD.  I had that roll of the dice.....

You guys are young...you'll heal up.  

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2014 at 05:43
Ummm.... what haven't you wrecked, ED???  Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2014 at 10:19
Said a prayer for you last night Mike. I'll keep them up.

I kinda understand what your going through, but your in a tougher spot with timing and kids.

Hope all turns out well.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2014 at 14:36

Thank you gentleman for the thoughts and prayers. It couldn't have been a worse time, but at least it happened all at once so its not spread throughout times where I'm actually needed and not there as opposed to being need and actually there. Every little cloud has its silver lining. I just wished I'd heal alot faster and get back to doing my job normally. And shooting, can't forget shooting. I just hope that the wife's checkup goes well. We have been busy lately enough as is with both kids, and my daughter enrolled into speech therapy, occupational therapy, and developmental pediatrics, her doctors seem to believe she may have Autism. Super smart little girl though, and I'm not worried if she does or doesn't. Doesn't change anything about being a parent to me, except patience is needed more.

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2014 at 18:30
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Ummm.... what haven't you wrecked, ED???  Smile

Thinking

I've never been in a shipwreck.....and I've never been in a plane crash!!  

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2014 at 18:50
Prayers sent Mike .

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2014 at 08:42
Ed, remind me not to ride with you............. and I don't care if your not driving.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic