OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

this wholey sherman is also for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: this wholey sherman is also for sale
    Posted: September/16/2014 at 20:17
Click to close image, click and drag to move. Use arrow keys for next and previous.
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 20:18
Click to close image, click and drag to move. Use arrow keys for next and previous.
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 20:19
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 10:01
Where is it located?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mchgnmike View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
OVER HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchgnmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 12:23
Looks like all those bullet holes will buff out. Based on the terrain it looks like Georgia to me.

That would be a very fun and expensive toy. I wonder if any of those hot rod rebuilding shows would tackle that rebuild?

cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 22:41
it is at fort mcclellan Anniston, AL.it is on the govdeals website it bids off tomorrow about 10 am
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 22:59
the sherman is at $1057 now,Mike you were close Anniston is not far from the Georgia line.Beltfed are you around fort knox ,that stuart tank looks unusual.
mchgnmike View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
OVER HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchgnmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2014 at 09:32

I can imagine my wife and neighbors reacting to that being set in my front yard as it is as YARD ART. Even in Texas I am sure some would find it atrocious. I am also sure that it would be a strong deterrent to someone considering breaking into my house.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2014 at 09:55
Originally posted by cowski cowski wrote:

the sherman is at $1057 now,Mike you were close Anniston is not far from the Georgia line.Beltfed are you around fort knox ,that stuart tank looks unusual.

I can hear Ft. Knox from my house, just 4 miles away. The Stuart is a M3 with a flame thrower tube where the bow machine gun went.
I have a friend that can tell you just about anything about the Stuart series. He's probably restored more privately owned Stuarts than anybody else. He once got a notice from the city, that he had too many tanks in his front yard. He contacted the inspector and asked her what the limit was on tanks in the front yard. Kinda took the wind out of her sails.

Edited by BeltFed - September/18/2014 at 10:00
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2014 at 10:30
It looks pretty good in the first photo...kinda downhill after that.
Reaction time is a factor...
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2014 at 10:01
Find one shot up on the other side, cut em in half and weld the good halves together. That's what a Brit did with a Sherman, except it was the front and rear halves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic