OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - bushmaster 4x14x40 vs weaver 4x14x40 944/40 SERIES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

bushmaster 4x14x40 vs weaver 4x14x40 944/40 SERIES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buntingmiester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bushmaster 4x14x40 vs weaver 4x14x40 944/40 SERIES
    Posted: September/11/2014 at 18:13
I have the burris timberline 4.5x14x32 on a cz455 .22lr and think it is a very good optic, I have narrowed  my choice for my cz .223 varmint, and a cz .22 hornet to these to scopes, (nikon bushmaster or weaver 44/40), any first hand opinions will be greatly appriciated, thanks in advance !Loco
buntingmiester View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buntingmiester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2014 at 20:55
OOPS !, sorry,just read my post and it should have read : Nikon "Buckmaster" 4.5x14x40 vs Weaver 4x12x40 40/44 AO,Cencored
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2014 at 03:18
I had and really liked the Buckmaster. Same power. Had it on a .300 RUM and it held up beautifully.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
saltydog235 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltydog235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2014 at 08:10
I sent a 4.5X14X40 Buckmaster back to Nikon 3 times in one season.  First one the reticle detatched, second something broke in the erector, third time it was fogged when I got it.  Fourth one sent to mr I sold without opening the box.  Nikon might be the best optic in the world but they won't ever get another dime of my money.

Don't know anything about the Weaver 44/40, I own a Classic and some Super Slams, can't say a bad thing about them.  I haven't had one issue with them.  Heck I got a 50yo K4 still in working condition.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buntingmiester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2014 at 08:43
Jeez , saltydog that sucks about the BUCKMASTER, I can understand your reasoning, this is the info I was hoping to get from this forum, real world responses good or bad, may change my opinon of the buckmaster line, although from my short research ( interweb) the overall rating has been positive. thanks for the response,..... buntingmiester
saltydog235 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltydog235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2014 at 09:48
I know people that have had Nikons for year, throw them in the back of a truck, beat them around, abuse them and they perform flawlessly.  I just had a run of bad luck I guess because the one's I had were on a Sako 75 7mm08 that I treat better than my wife and kids.  I can't take the chance on it, confidence is key and that first failure cost me my biggest buck ever.
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2014 at 14:56
Check out the Nikon Prostaff 5 3.5-14x40.  Not to be confused with the Prostaff.  That would be apples to oranges.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2014 at 17:45
Last I saw my old Buckmaster, it was mounted on a guy's .270 "meat gun" he drags around through the brier patches of NC. 
I've rarely heard a bad word about Buckmaster's, though I believe Saltydog.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buntingmiester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2014 at 21:34
well, I went with a couple of Buckmaster 4.5x 14x40mm, only thing is the BDC reticle is a little busy to me. We will see how the durability is, but the glass is pretty darn bright! compared to the Burris Timberline, of course the objective is 8mm larger, I much prefer the reticle in the Timberline however. Now to get mounts for the CZ 527 .22Hornet/CZ 527 .223 kev. varmint, will inform about sight in/scope performance. Thanks all, buntingmiester.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2014 at 22:08
I would look at Warne mounts. And I believe they have some on the SWFA website.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic