OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Project ZEV 34 is Coming Along

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project ZEV 34 is Coming Along
    Posted: August/29/2014 at 10:46

I just need to finish up with the grip reduction and silicon carbide grip and she will be ready for action!

Dillon@SWFA.com
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 10:55
Is it a Glock variant, looks like a Glock ejector and a Glock slide - kinda.

I am just getting bit by the Glock bug, have a new Lone Wolf slide with Trijicon RMR on it, I like it.

As I am a die-hard 1911 fan, I do feel like I'm cheating on the first love.  I had my grips re-contoured to be more 1911-like.

They are good guns.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 11:00
RC, I'd say it's a variant of the Glock 34, depending on which frame he's using.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 11:19
It is a Glock 34 variant. The only Glock brand parts left are the frame and magazines.
ZEV Technologies/Glockworx makes extremely well-made parts for Glocks without the Salient Arms price tags.

Their trigger is, by far, my favorite part. Adjustable pretravel and overtravel. You can safely adjust the range of movement down to 1/4" and the reset has been cut in half.
Dillon@SWFA.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 11:23
I don't know them (new to Glock), might have to take a look - though my 2 Glocks are now built.

Dammit man, why could we not have had this thread 3 months ago!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 11:25
The trigger sounds intriguing… 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 11:46
RC, I guess this means you get to build another one! Big Grin
The slide is their "Dragonfly" Stainless model with a RMR cut.

Dillon@SWFA.com
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 13:04
Glockworx's triggers are very very nice. One of the guys who shoots USPSA matches here has one. They are the nicest Glock triggers I have ever felt. Not as nice as my Wilson Combat or my Sigs with Gray Guns trigger work, but still very nice.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 13:15
Just got off their site (added it to my favorites too). Their trigger kits really look appealing, and so do some of their other parts and accessories. May have to dress up a comp pistol.
Dang you Dillon, now I got a case of the WANTS.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 14:46
I have the same setup in the G17. My trigger has no creep and is 3.1 lbs compared to 5+ from the factory. Worth every penny.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 16:10

If you guys have Gen 3 Glocks you want to dress up just let me know. We may be able to get y'all build kits instead of buying each part individually!

Dillon@SWFA.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 16:34
Mine are gen 3.  Let me know what a trigger kit runs and how the hell one installs it - or do you send the lower to them for install?

I am, obviously, new to Glock.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 16:37
Originally posted by dillon_h dillon_h wrote:

If you guys have Gen 3 Glocks you want to dress up just let me know. We may be able to get y'all build kits instead of buying each part individually!

I would be interested. So what all are you talking about in the build kit?
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 16:44
What models do you have?
Do you want the skeletonized striker or just the trigger? With all of the internal safeties moving and metal-to-metal contact Glocks have when you pull the trigger, it really helps to replace the slide internals with polished and coated versions.

The process could get a little complicated... Let me know if I go too fast.

1. Take the slide assembly off
2. Push the 3 pins out of the frame
3. Pull the trigger assembly up and out
4. Put the ZEV trigger assembly in its place
5. Replace pins.
6. Come and Get Some

Haha, no it's really simple. I can send you some pics if you need. It literally should only take 5 minutes or so to do.
Dillon@SWFA.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 16:57
Even I can do that.

I might be in for 2 gen3 Glock22s.

My strikers are the LoneWolf skeletons.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 16:57
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

how the hell one installs it - or do you send the lower to them for install?

Everyone who I have talked to has done it themselves. You could probably do a search on youtube for ZEV Fulcrum Trigger installation. But I personally would have a Glock certified armor install it.
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2014 at 13:09

Finally finished the grip reduction and silicon carbide grip enhancement. Now just waiting on the TTI base pads to arrive and it will be done!

Dillon@SWFA.com
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2014 at 13:34
How interesting.

I have a second gen GLock 31, which is the same frame as the 17.

Will this upgrade work with my frame?  I am pretty comfortable swapping things out on a Glock and the grip works well for me as is, so I do not mind leaving the frame alone.

ILya
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2014 at 13:35
Did ZEV do the grip angle like a 1911 as well? Or was it just a reduction?

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2014 at 13:40
Wicked cool piece there, Dillon!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic