OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

AR-10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 14:24
Thanks for the reply Dillon. After carrying a Colt M4 for the better part of a decade, I know exactly what you mean by reflex weight. I'm a big proponent of not having what you don't absolutely need on there. Mine at work has a ACOG, PEQ-15 and a vertical grip. That's it. I will end up buying a 308 piston AR at one point next year. But I also want a 15 too. Always have. Now I'm in a position to start buying firearms up, at least a solid 2-3 a year.
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 14:40
Daniel Defense just came out with their DD V11 with either a standard barrel or lightweight barrel and 15" keymod rail. Might be one worth taking a look at.

If their is a specific one you find that you have to have, just let us know. Smile
Dillon@SWFA.com
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2014 at 19:04
LRS Mike I recently bought a Patriot Brown 16" LWRC 5.56 SPR on which I installed a SWFA SS 3-9x, in an American Defense 'QR mount.  The SS 3-9 is great scope by the way.  I've only run a couple hundred rounds through the gun but so far I'm impressed.  It is starting to loosen up and I have shot some sub .75" 5 shot groups with 55-75 grain handloads.  I also have a Ruger SR 556 C 14.5" piston rifle I like on which I'm running an Aimpoint Pro and carry a 3x Vortex magnifier in the case.  Both nice guns.  Piston guns definitely run cooler, cleaner and longer between maintenance.  Differences in accuracy between quality production DI and piston guns have narrowed but if your primary goals are accuracy and weight the DI guns still have the edge.  I intend to try one of the new Burris XTR II 1.5-8x scopes when SWFA gets them but I can't fault the SS 3-9x for about 60% of the cost of the Burris.   I run the LWRC with a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling, Inforce Haley Strategic light and Burris Fastfire offset at 45 degrees.  I don't have any experience with .308 ARs.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic