OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Robin Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robin Williams
    Posted: August/11/2014 at 19:28
Dead at 63 today. Suspicious ending!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2014 at 20:47
RIP
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 04:28
Tragic. I'm reading apparent suicide. Is there another report out there indicating something suspicious, Skip?
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 05:02
Nope that's just what it said on the phone alert. At that time they said suspicious.

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 05:50
Totally unexpected.  Some celebrities are always getting into trouble and are making news by being busted and going to jail or driving their car over someone.  But to have a seemingly normal and very famous celebrity just suddenly kill himself is quite a shock.   
Visit the Ed Show
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 07:02
RIP Robin,Thanks for the many laughsExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 09:47
I just found out a few months ago that Robin Williams had suffered from substance abuse and depression for a long time. What a shame for a man to have so much talent to bring a smile and a laugh to so many people to suffer such a burden. Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem, and he had so much to live for.
I will miss him. He was good at what he did, and brought a lot of joy into the world.
May God forgive him and he rest in peace.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 10:49
Very sad indeed. I heard it was death by hanging. Very tragic. RIP Robin.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 15:52
Very little in this life worth living for and there are many times that I just don't want to participate any more either. 
There's a LOT I don't understand about people, but when it come to this subject, I get it. Life has a way of sucking all the life out of a guy.      
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 16:10
Initial news reports said "self- inflicted asphyxia". The latest reports reveal just what that means.
RIP
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 21:54
I have been bummed out a lot in my life----but suicide never occurred to me.   
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 21:58
....you can't get laid anymore..... ( like some people I won't mention!!   Roll on Floor Laughing  )   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 22:00

Visit the Ed Show
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 22:50
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Very little in this life worth living for and there are many times that I just don't want to participate any more either. 
There's a LOT I don't understand about people, but when it come to this subject, I get it. Life has a way of sucking all the life out of a guy.      

A very sober line of thought............I have dealt with depression. Hit me hard after returning from Iraq due to several overwhelming events. The meds they tried were terrible. Some made things worse and the ones that helped had side effects that I wasn't willing to live with. I remember it as a very dangerous time in my life. For myself and some I considered a detriment to good people. I can say with all sincerity that God and faith in Jesus brought me thru it. I look back now and realize how much it had to do with "perspective". I was so consumed and focused on things I didn't want and couldn't control that I lost focus on what did matter. To anybody who may be in a similar place where I was I will say, Life really can suck at times but there are many things that are worth living thru and for. My one constant was my Daughter. It was very clear that if I were gone she would have made some unwise choices that would have earned her a hard life to say the least. And God has made sure that I know that. But beyond the love and need of family I had to respect that for Jesus to have endured all that he did to offer me life I would not throw it away over a few short yrs on this planet that sucked. Since I have invested all my faith and hope in the eternal life He has provided I make the choice to honor and respect Him as long as I am here. Even if you live to be a 100 yrs, its just the blink of an eye in the whole picture. Stay strong as you can and trust Him to be there when you really need Him.

I wish that someone had been there to have helped Robin but that is how evil and depression work. If it gets you to distance and isolate yourself then your are easy prey.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2014 at 10:55
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Nobody ever said life is fair. As a kid I thought there was a standard for the way life was supposed to go, and that certain behavior could be expected of certain people. As I grew up I came to learn that nothing is certain and anything can happen to anybody at anytime. We just have to deal with life because that's God's plan for us. God gave us our life and only he has the right to take it. It is just his decision on when and how he calls us up for judgement, and suicide is a deal breaker.
As I told my coworkers, if you ever find me dead from an apparent suicide, get a better detective, because I've been murdered.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2014 at 11:08
Who said anything about fairness? I'm not demanding fairness.
6\250\40 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6\250\40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2014 at 13:35
   Sgt.D;  VERY well said. +1,000,000,.....   Robin Williams, RIP. May God's Grace be with you.
"You'll learn a helluva lot more listenin' than you will talkin'"   My Dad
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2014 at 17:14
I couldn't agree more Sgt D.   Life isn't fair, and that's OK.  God gives me strength, hope, and assurance that overcomes any and everything life can throw at you.  Williams was an atheist, who obviously had no hope.    
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2014 at 17:20
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

I couldn't agree more Sgt D.   Life isn't fair, and that's OK.  God gives me strength, hope, and assurance that overcomes any and everything life can throw at you.  Williams was an atheist, who obviously had no hope.    

JG, you are hopeless did you ever think God made him an atheist if that's true. Maybe that's what what The Lord wanted.i hope he gives you more than you seem to need.

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2014 at 21:42
Ever heard of "free will'?  I'm far from hopeless my friend, and He does give me more than I need. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic