OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon BDC Reticle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon BDC Reticle
    Posted: June/28/2006 at 11:51

Our staff spent the day (yesterday) shooting with the new Nikon BDC reticle.  It is very quick and easy to use.  People that don't shoot regularly were able to easily and quickly hit targets from 100 yards to 300 yards, shot after shot.

I think the new Nikon BDC reticle will be "THE" reticle to have if you are considering a scope for anything from plinking with a .17 or big game hunting with a .30-378.

The new Nikon BDC reticle is available from SWFA in the following scopes:

Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40.....$159.95

Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40.....$209.95
Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 Side Focus.....$299.95
Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 Side Focus, Target Knobs.....$359.95

Nikon Omega 3-9x40 Silver.....$259.95
Nikon Omega 3-9x40 Matte.....$249.95
Nikon Omega Realtree Camo.....$269.95

Nikon Monarch 3-9x40.....$329.95
Nikon Monarch 3.5-10x50.....$459.95
Nikon Monarch 4-12x40 A/O.....$399.95
Nikon Monarch 5.5-15x44 A/O.....$429.95
Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x44 A/O.....$489.95

Nikon Monarch Gold 2.5-10x50 Side Focus.....$709.95

Nikon IRT 4-12x42.....$899.95

The reticle works extremely well when combined with the Laser Rangefinding Nikon IRT rifle scope.

Range....Hold-Over.....Shoot

Works with any caliber.

.50 cal muzzleloader version available in the Nikon Omega line.

Link to Nikon video demonstrating the Omega Muzzleloading version of the BDC reticle.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2006 at 17:39

Thanks for the update, Chris.

That reticle reminds me of the Shepherd scopes setup.

How'd Stephanie shoot??????

Did she at least beat Brady???  

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2006 at 18:35
Thanks for the heads up, Chris.  I'll have to try it. 

How does it compare with other holdover reticles?  Namely, what do you think is easier to use for holdover: hashmarks or circles?

ILya
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2006 at 11:29

Stephanie shot very well, she was hitting shaving cream cans at 200 yards (calling her shots) and steel plates at 500 yards with ease.

The circles are much easier and quicker to get on target than a hashmark.  This reticle is a fun to shoot with.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2006 at 13:14
Originally posted by Chris Chris wrote:

The circles are much easier and quicker to get on target than a hashmark.  This reticle is a fun to shoot with.

All right, you talked me into it.  I'll start trying to figure out which scope I can replace with a BDC Nikon.

ILya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2006 at 15:24
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Originally posted by Chris Chris wrote:

All right, you talked me into it.  I'll start trying to figure out which scope I can replace with a BDC Nikon.

ILya

Whats this?!?!??!? Holy optics mind scramble, Batman!!!!!!

Koshkin is buying a ....(gasp)......Nikon?!?!?!

It must be the end of the world as we know it!!!!! 

Did I finally get to ya, Brother???  Or was it just common sense kicking in??

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2006 at 15:59
No Cheaptrick, he's thinking if Stephanie can hit shaving cream cans at 200 yards (calling her shots) and steel plates at 500 yards with ease, then he will be able to hit them at 500yrds and 600yrds with his eyes closed..That's how great this scope is..I think everyone should try it at least once..This will be my next purchase hands down!!!!!  Hint for the men who want there wife's to shot with them.. Let them try the Nikon BDC and they will be hooked, I promise.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2006 at 16:08

But your a ultra tacti-cool, awesome Optics Goddess.......of course YOU can shoot.

Excellent shooting, might I add.

I'm just worried that when koshkin looks through that Nikon, the Nikon Gods will strike him blind due to his less than favorable comments of them in the past. 

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2006 at 16:24
I have owned a few Nikons, cheaptrick.

As for common sense, I do not think something as trivial as common sense should stand in the way of good prejudice.

As far as shooting is concerned, I suspect that most people here can comfortably embarass me at the shooting range.  I strongly suspect that anything this side of a divine involvement could fix that.

ILya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2006 at 16:29

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

As for common sense, I do not think something as trivial as common sense should stand in the way of good prejudice.

Well stated.......

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2006 at 18:11

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic