OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex gen 2 HD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex gen 2 HD
    Posted: August/02/2014 at 17:19

Anyone yet had hands on?

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2014 at 18:53
Yep. Saw them at the SWFA Grand Opening. We discussed these scopes in a previous thread a few weeks ago. I don't have one and have never done any shooting behind one. They look to be very nice optically, and they have nice, positive, definitive clicks. Would prefer if all were FFP. Don't know whether I like the reticle choices or not; would have to spend time with them. They are all way beyond HEAVY!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2014 at 19:55
I saw these though they looked like a nice thing to throw in the kit but dont have one yet.
Vortex 15x50 Recon R/T Tactical Monocular Vortex 15x50 Recon R/T Tactical Monocular
Stock # - RT155
  • Grey
  • Ranging R/T Reticle
  • Roof Prism
  • XD Lens Elements
  • XR Lens Coatings
  • Phase Corrected
$599.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2014 at 06:56
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2014 at 09:08
Our very own Koshkin did a review of it here on OT:

http://www.opticstalk.com/vortex-razor-gen-2-4527x56_topic39586.html

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2014 at 09:52
So no one here has hands on a production scope?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2014 at 10:24
Yes, I just told you I did...if by "hands on" you literally mean "had it in my hands" and handled it. If you're meaning put it through its paces on a rifle, no I haven't and you're not likely to find many people who have yet.

I've seen and held the 3-18X50 and the 4.5-27X56 production scopes.
Ted

cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2014 at 11:46

The review on AR15.com is a production model and is currently in use on a competition rifle, take a look and you may recognize the reviewer (Rob Ormond / Team Blaster). 

Edited by cpwomack - August/06/2014 at 11:57

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2014 at 12:55
Perhaps I am being unclear: Does anyone here, that posts regularly, have field experience with this scope? I've seen the bay window reviews and the sniper's hide threads, was just asking who here had real-world use of the production scope.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2014 at 22:17
Nobody You will be the First. We would love to hear about it.  Right now I have to spend money on a place to live so I' m  adding to the wish list not the inventory. Cool

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Gil P. View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2014 at 00:59
I just watched a video review by (the owner?) of the snipers hide. It wasnt very insightful though. He said he had been using it for a month, it tracked really well and he loved it. He made no glass comparisons, didnt talk about the reticle, and said little about the turrets. Im sure someone will do a very detailed review soon.

Are you in the market for a new scope or just curious?
Easy come easy go

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2014 at 10:21
I'm always in the market for a better optic, sadly.  
I have no pressing need, but have heard good things about them and just wondered if anyone here had used one in field conditions.

Wes, rather than buy the Recon, look at their new 8x36, it is smaller, lighter, and can be had with a mil reticle if you want.  I played with a recon and almost bought, but thought it was a bit too much magnification for my needs.  There is also a 10X model of both (both meaning the recon with 50mm obj and the new one with 36mm obj.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic