OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The Official 2014 OT College Football Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 12:16
Mark is convinced Lame Kitten will be the next Gators coach, especially given that his wife is a diehard Gators fan.

I think I can speak for Mark when I say he's very excited about that possibility.

Right, Mark?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 14:53
That would not be good... at all! Loco
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 18:29
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Mark is convinced Lame Kitten will be the next Gators coach, especially given that his wife is a diehard Gators fan.

I think I can speak for Mark when I say he's very excited about that possibility.

Right, Mark?

Well...let me start by saying this. 

I was at a bar in Knoxvegas, talking to a bartender/season ticket holding Vol fan, about college football, who informed me that he had a...(clears throat).... "friend on the inside of all things SEC" who stated that he knew for a fact that Kiffen would be the next head football coach for THE Florida Gators in the not so distant future. I choked on my happy hour hot wing after hearing this news flash. Down the Toilet 

To be fair....Kiffen is a very good QB coach with a pretty astute offensive mind set, so there's that. Do I want him to coach my beloved Gators?? HELL NO!!!! 
But my man love towards Wil Muschamp is waning....severely. Barely beating an admittedly improved Kentucky team in The Swamp, in the THIRD OT, is just not what I was wanting to see this year. 

Now he's got to go to The Tusk and play Saban... a bye...then on to Knoxville.....then back home to face LSU.
This is a tough row to hoe for most any team, let alone a team as psychologically "fragile" as the 2014 Florida Gators. He could easily go 1-2 or even 0-3 in this stretch. The Vol's smell blood in the water and are coming after them.  
Oh...and did I mention Florida has Mizzu and GA after LSU??? As much as I like Jeff Driskel, they need to set him down and play that freshman, Treon Harris kid.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 07:59
Well stated Mark. I just don't think Driskel has the mental aptitude to be a successful QB at this level. I'm afraid this will be another embarrassingly poor year for Gator football. Bye bye Chump.
               Anomymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 16:53
Ric, I think a LOT is gonna depend on what happens and HOW BAD it happens in Bammers Saturday. 
A good effort, but a loss, and maybe the Gators go to Tenn and beat a resurgent Volunteer squad. 

A Bama beat down Saturday and that's a wrap for Gator ball for this season. That last game was VERY telling from what I observed. The Gator's are playing to "not lose", instead of to win. You could see it in their eyes, especially Driskel and the offense. 
The team, the Florida fans in The Swamp, were all waiting for the other shoe to drop last Saturday night and there's no way a team like that, regardless of talent, can go play that brutal schedule and come out on the plus side, or maybe even.....even?? Whatever
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 18:33
Fameis Jameis is at it again, can you spell dumb s**t?
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2014 at 04:58
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Fameis Jameis is at it again, can you spell dumb s**t?

I can spell it...I doubt he can though. What an idiot.  
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2014 at 07:08
Ya, but he walks on water in TallyHo. Truly pathetic.
               Anomymous
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 04:40
Ric,, I just heard on Sportcenter that the Semiholes decided to suspend Fameis Jameis for the whole game against Clemson.

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 06:41
I heard it was just for one half. Whatever. I hope the Tigers put some whopass on the stupid Criminoles!
               Anomymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 06:53
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

I heard it was just for one half. Whatever. I hope the Tigers put some whopass on the stupid Criminoles!

Amen. 
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 07:19
Someone told me Alabama was playing some third rate school today… nearly a high school team…
They've got to start getting some better competition...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 07:20
He's suspended for the game.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 07:41
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Someone told me Alabama was playing some third rate school today… nearly a high school team…
They've got to start getting some better competition...

You heard correctly, Sir. Just another powder puff game on while on their way to yet another championship. 

Hey...this fan has NO illusions of an upset, but I must say, for the first time in quite a while, Bammers looks more "average" this year. At least to me. 
Bama is a two TD favorite at home today against my beloved team and will probably cover, but I think they will have to throw a bunch to score. Gator secondary is talented, but young. 

24-10 Bama. Dead 

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 09:00
OK, here's the story.  You KNOW I don't really follow football that much.  My SIL's father is an Alabama fan, James is a Miami fan… His dad was telling me that Alabama was playing a third rate team, in front of him.  I didn't get it at the time… took it literally.  

NOW, I get it…

I'm a little slow but when I see it on the SEC channel, I understand...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 18:45
Wow...600 plus yards on the Gator "D".......Stare
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2014 at 21:59
This just in... Mississippi State is for real!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2014 at 04:15
Gators had no " D "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2014 at 07:41
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

This just in... Mississippi State is for real!

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2014 at 12:00
Mark, the Gators are for real except for: defense, offense, and coaching. At least they showed up on time and at the right place. That should count for something!  Loco We maybe could beat a 3A class high school team from Maine. P A T H E T I C.
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic