OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver CT24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alamo308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver CT24
    Posted: July/17/2014 at 23:14

I installed a new Weaver CT24 on my Kimber 82G. Love the sharp, bright view. Nice controls. One problem: The reticle is SO fine, it gets lost on the target black in rimfire matches. It might be more acceptable if the crosshairs were also as sharp as the view. They actually appear a bit blurry. Maybe I have just not yet discovered the correct adjustments for a sharp reticle? Any help?

Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2014 at 18:01
To focus your reticle set your parallax setting to infinity. Then I like to look at the sky (anything that is far away and plain) and adjust the diopter which is on the end of the eye piece until the reticle is sharp. Then look away for a little bit and then repeat until you do not have to make any changes to the setting. Now tighten the lock ring on the diopter adjustment. You should not have to change it once the reticle is sharp.
alamo308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alamo308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2014 at 08:36
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

To focus your reticle set your parallax setting to infinity. Then I like to look at the sky (anything that is far away and plain) and adjust the diopter which is on the end of the eye piece until the reticle is sharp. Then look away for a little bit and then repeat until you do not have to make any changes to the setting. Now tighten the lock ring on the diopter adjustment. You should not have to change it once the reticle is sharp.
Thanks, Sparky. It definitely seems better after trying it at home. Now to test at the range!
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2014 at 23:20
Glad to help. Let us know how it works out for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic