OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Low Light Scope under/around $700

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2014 at 22:22
If you are going to hunt at night, I would suggest the Trijicon or the Meopta for their optic quality in low light.
CDR3
oyster View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 08:34

I've got the 3.5-10x44 4C Meopro.

I use it in all light conditions to very very lowlight and moonlight. I do get some flare back from the illumination but only when you've got it dialled up to much for the conditions.I use it on the lowest setting a fare bit. I have no complaints about the illumination. its fast on target. I won't be worried about having battery, they last for ages, its not like they die every 2nd or 3rd hunt. I'm still on my first battery and routinely forget to turn my illum off after a hunt, pick it up next time and think oh no , look through and yep still going strong.

They're not night vision , sometimes dark is just dark, saying that in those last few mintues of fading light you can still see into those dark shadows hundreds of yards away. Moonlight I can see no worries.

Got the 44mm mounted in lows. Not too bulky and weight is ok.

The other two I was looking at were the trijicon accupoint or VR-X, I'm sure any of these three would do the job.

goog luck with your purchase.

Oyster.   

verminator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2014 at 02:39
if you decide you can live with a 50mill....the weaver tac..3-15 is a good low light robust rifle scopeExcellent ..best a luck
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2014 at 15:36
I had the Accupoint (Green Dot) and during the day the reticle would turn silverish, at night with a light source the tritruim would wash out, and the reticle would disappear against dark backgrounds.

I have a VXR which works nicely since the reticle is etched and bold. I can see it well enough that I don't even use the LED illumination.

Eagle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic