OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Contest #4 : "Water"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2014 at 19:58
Nice shot Wes! Just be aware fellas, if you want to a photo to be included in the monthly photo contests, it has to be taken by you during the month each topic was announced and you can only use one photo per month, per the photo contest rules.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2014 at 21:50

My 13 year old son shot this impala 2 June 2014 in RSA!!
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2014 at 09:10
That is a fine speciman your son shot Excellent
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2014 at 12:35
That is indeed a nice looking impala, SD!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2014 at 13:01
Very Impressive.

Share the details, please?
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2014 at 20:27
It was the rare day in Oklahoma that there was almost no wind. The windmill had been making some strange noise, so it was a good day for a maintenance climb. On finishing the lube job and tightening a couple of loose screws I took to look around. What a beautiful morning. I had my Galaxy S3 phone and took this shot of the reflections. No photo shop or fancy camera.

The View from above.

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2014 at 20:29
Nice!!!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2014 at 22:08
My wife and I returned to RSA may 31-June 9
We took our oldest with us. It was his first time on a plane. 16 hrs to joberg!!
Five hours by truck into the Limpopo. I would like to post in general hunting when I get a little time! My son harvested a red hartebeest at 90 yds in the chest; the impala was shot at about seventy yards broadside. He also harvested a warthog, a female jmpala and a blesbuck.
I went for gemsbok, nyala, bushbuck and steenbok and got fortunate enough to harvest a 59+ kudu. I took a red hartebeest to bait a leopard. The next hunter in camp took a 89kilo cat. I will post that pick also.
The impala was 23 and 1/2. Awesome experience with the family.
SEMO Shooter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEMO Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2014 at 14:44
I had planned to take a picture of a small waterfall and bridge at a local creek, but I just could not find time to go.  So I am submitting a dive photo with the surface of the ocean in the background.

I took this one last week at Horseshoe reef near Key Largo Florida.
Olympus E-PL1 camera, f-8, 1/160, ISO 100, taken 6/23/14

Edited by SEMO Shooter - June/29/2014 at 14:50
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2014 at 20:21

Thanks Ted if it has to be taken same month mine is definately too old.. I will have to get out and try to get into hot water .....LOL

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2014 at 20:56
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Thanks Ted if it has to be taken same month mine is definately too old.. I will have to get out and try to get into hot water .....LOL

Haha! I have a feeling you're familiar with that status, Wes!
Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2014 at 20:57
Cool shot, SEMO!Excellent
Ted

Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2014 at 12:51

3lb. large mouth on a black crank bait about 10:30 this morning. Tough to do, with a Kodak Easyshare!!!!!!!!!

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2014 at 22:48
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2014 at 13:31
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Those are some nice shots, Ilya! I've never been to Bora Bora, but my wife wants to go, so maybe some day.

If you decide to go to the South pacific, go onto the Paul Gauguine cruise.  It is expensive and worth every penny.  I'll go again one of these days.

Oh, and for the record, Aitutaki (Cook Islands) makes Bora Bora look mundane.

ILya
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2014 at 14:28
Now that the contest is over, I was torn on which image to use for my entry.

Here's the ones I was fighting with.

Edited by Skylar McMahon - July/01/2014 at 14:34
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2014 at 14:36
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Those are some nice shots, Ilya! I've never been to Bora Bora, but my wife wants to go, so maybe some day.

If you decide to go to the South pacific, go onto the Paul Gauguine cruise.  It is expensive and worth every penny.  I'll go again one of these days.

Oh, and for the record, Aitutaki (Cook Islands) makes Bora Bora look mundane.

ILya

Ilya, those were some very cool photos.

My wife would love to go to Bora Bora. If you don't mind, what puts the Cook islands over Bora Bora?
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2014 at 14:53
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2014 at 20:06

MAN....That's a NICE carp, Tedly!! Bet she ate good after ya got that mud vein cut out. Wink  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2014 at 20:21
Sorry I missed the deadline, lost track of time at the lake!

This would have been my entry.

Canyon Creek falls at the break in the storm:

-Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic