OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My best buck at the farm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My best buck at the farm
    Posted: May/19/2014 at 07:45
Roedeer buck season started May 16th. This year i didn't have great expectations of getting a decent buck as a Fallowdeer buck thinks he owns the area at the moment.
I haven't seen sign or pics of roedeer for more than a month now. Normally they show daily.

Last night i went to a wetland area i have, and not visit to often. No sign of deer at all over there eather.
It started to rain a bit, and after a while i saw something at the rh side.

It was a buck.... A NICE one.... I couldn't get a shot at him cause the grass is to high, so i had to wait and hope. I hoped he would move to a little, and more, open space and he did after a while.

I shot him at 120 yards and he ran in some bushes. I was calm cause i knew i had him good, but it's never nice when they run i think. 

After 5 minuttes i went to look for blood. MAN there was blood all over. A pure heart shot. I followed the blod trail and found him 35 ft from where i shot him. He was laying in a creek.

It's a big buck for my area. He weights 20 kg after cleaning him up, and has a nice trophy.

Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 08:02
Nice man.  Excellent
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 08:20
Purdy,  Love the grey face and brown body.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 08:21
Nice buck.  
-Matt
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 08:33
Nice buck, nice rifle!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 09:13
Very nice. Lovely deer and that country side is gorgeous. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 11:05
Way nice.   Excellent     How you liking that new Blaser?
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 13:35
Thanks guys.

I'm really happy with him, and it's the best buck i have shot here. 
The way it all happened. NO expectations at all and suddenly he is there. Well it takes a nice piece of luck too ( as always when hunting) 
My wife asked me if it wasn't better to eat before going hunting? Naaaa.  Wasn't hungry but did it anyway.
If i had done it my way i wouldn't have seen him.... Would have left before he showed.
What can you learn from that?   Do what your wife says. Hugger and get the buck.  Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I am thrilled about the R8 Succes. I have started to grab my rifle a different way. It is great with the thumbhole. I actually use it to grab the rifle, and i think the rifle is easier to handle that way. Also i have a fantastic grip on the rifle. It feels like a pistol you are gripping and it is real nice to handle.
Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2014 at 07:19
I've been drooling over the R8 Success for a couple of months now. Pretty pricey and I'd have to sell off some stuff first. Not sure I'm up for that now. It's a great package though. Congrats.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2014 at 05:16
Very nice buck. Yes, sometimes it pays to listen to the missus.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2014 at 06:29
I know very little about Roe Deer, having only seen them in photos, but yours looks to be an exceptional roe in comparison to the photos I've seen of them! Congratulations!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2014 at 07:46
bNb: I can't agree more. It's expensive stuff. BUT.. Keep in mind the price last when you sell it again. At least they do over here. 
The Succes is my 4th Blaser and i haven't lost much on the ones i have sold, especially not if i compare it to the other rifles i used to have.
They shoot really tight groups, and have a great saddlemount system. I have a mount for my Aimpoint and one for my scope.
I can take the scope / Aimpoint of and put it on, disassamble the rifle, put it all back together again as much as i whish and it still hold zero.

Ted: We seldom get bucks weighing more than 33 - 37 pound in my area. 
If we don't count the abnormal ones, the Roedeer max get 6 points like the one i just got. 
On a scale from 1-10 his rack would be 7,5 i would say. 

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2014 at 09:59
Beautiful buck and countryside, Claus.  Well done.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2014 at 00:15
Excellent Claus really nice Roe deer    
Regards Chris
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2014 at 06:09
Congrats Claus ! Nice Buck and Great pictures. thanks for sharing Thunbs Up
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2014 at 16:17
Kudos Klaus,nice looking buck & great pics Excellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2014 at 17:16
Great looking buck!!  The country looks like southern Pennsylvania!!   I may escape Obamaville and move to Denmark or the Czech Republic....   
Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic