OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

nightforce 1x4 with a FC-3G reticle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nightforce 1x4 with a FC-3G reticle
    Posted: May/08/2014 at 12:40
I am looking at this for my AUG A3, I am wondering has anyone here have any experience with this reticle. I like the way it is set up as it is not busy but very useable. I am also looking at a accupoint 1x4 TR24, which one do you think would be better? what is the battery life on the nightforce ? Thanks
nightowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 00:14
No one here has any experience with a Nightforce 1x4 with a FC-3G reticle? I am wondering how it is?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 10:31
The reticle is probably why no one has responded.  Nightforce optics are known for their durability, great internals, and their acceptable glass.  The reticle is similar in design and function to many BCD reticles on the market, but I haven't used that specific one.

I have the 2.5-10 which has the same illumination scheme, I'll let you know what battery life is like.

This is a good scope, but there are MANY great players in the 1-4X game now, have you looked at anything else or are you set on the NF?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
nightowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 15:02
I've been looking for two years now and I think I have looked at nearly ever 1x4/1x6 scope there is. I was set to just go with a accupoint TR 24, but I really like the FC-3G reticle, I think it is fairly new for nightforce as this is the first time I have seen it. This is why I am trying to get more information on this reticle . I hope someone here has used one or seen one to add something about this scope. I also like the SS 1x4HD scopes, but I prefer MOA scopes and I think the SS 1x4 HD has a short battery life ? not sure about that that is something I 've happen to hear. I know the SS 1x4 HD are excellent scope, are very tough, I like them but like I said prefer MOA and I really like this FC-3G reticle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic