OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Stanley Cup Playoffs...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stanley Cup Playoffs...
    Posted: May/01/2014 at 15:32
I don't watch much regular season NHL any more, but I sure love the playoffs! 

Anybody following the cup chase? 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2014 at 15:53
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2014 at 15:58
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

"Cup chase"? Big Smile
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 04:51
YUP! Now it gets interesting. Hate your Rangers!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 07:17
Who's your team, Skip? PLEASE don't let it be the NJ "Debbies" or worse yet...The Island!! Shocked
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 15:41
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Who's your team, Skip? PLEASE don't let it be the NJ "Debbies" or worse yet...The Island!! Shocked

Bruins,Kings actually don't hate the Rangers just dislike all NY teams any sport. Yankees are at the top of the list. My honey and I love hockey. Syracuse has an AHL team and we had season tickets for about 10 tears. Front row on the glass. About 8 years ago SUNY Oswego built a state of the art rink and we have front row on the glass seats there.. It's 5 minutes from the house and I can get there in a blizzard. They are Division three and won the Championship about 4 years ago and placed second this year so we see some pretty good hockey.

Pittsburgh vs. Your boys, we like Pitt. also..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 16:06
I live with a Montreal fan. ELATED by the win last night. 

I think the Rangers/Pens should be a good match up. Defense/Goal tending versus skill players like Crosby and Malkin. 
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 16:33

I live with a Montreal fan. ELATED by the win last night. 

I think the Rangers/Pens should be a good match up. Defense/Goal tending versus skill players like Crosby and Malkin. 

A frog fan huh you have my sympathy never cared for the team but have loved some of the old timers. Ivan Cornoyer
Patrick Roy, the Pocket Rocket and others. We were not elated as you can imagine with last nite. This is really hockey now. The regular season just doesn't do it. For your better half one of my buddies also a frog fan would always bust my balls and say " how about dem der Canadians Eh " of course you can imagine my retort! Let's enjoy old time hockey now!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 16:52
Couldn't agree more with your assessment, Skip, but I like the Habs. 

I saw that Bruins fans gave that black kid for Montreal a hard time after his OT goal. Threw trash and racial slurs at him. That's pretty low, but I'm sure it's not indicative of all Bruins fans. 
(Philly fans, on the other hand.)  Roll Eyes
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 17:21

Couldn't agree more with your assessment, Skip, but I like the Habs. 

I saw that Bruins fans gave that black kid for Montreal a hard time after his OT goal. Threw trash and racial slurs at him. That's pretty low, but I'm sure it's not indicative of all Bruins fans. 
(Philly fans, on the other hand.)  Roll Eyes

Amen on the Philly fans, but if you listened last nite it was mentioned that the Habs faithful we're not really happy to see Suban when he got there either. I see he has changed their minds now. When we had season tickets for the. Syracuse team we saw a number of blacks come thru, Donald Brashear used to kill our guys and if I remember he was quite a pianist also aside from being a mean M'Fer. It's still a very white game as is LaCrosse although both are changing. When Jim Brown played football at Syracuse it was said he could have been an All. American in Lax also. Boy did he turn out to be a F'N douche bag.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 18:00
I still kid The Warden about Brashear! What a goon!! He was a tough guy, no doubt! 
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 18:05

I still kid The Warden about Brashear! What a goon!! He was a tough guy, no doubt! 

But check it I really think he was a pianist too. Enjoy the game tonite, but tell the warden not tomorrow nite!

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 19:02
WTF, I didn't want you to enjoy it this much already!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 19:40
Rangers look tired. 2 to 2 now. The Ranger power play HAS got to come around.
Zero for 24!???! That's horrible!
Rick Nash.....where are you??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 21:16
Whew....Rangers steal one in Pitt! 
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2014 at 08:04
Last Wings game I went to I saw Subban for the first time. I saw him during the Olympics and new he was solid. The guy is built like a full back.
I would like to see the Habs move on.
Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2014 at 09:57
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Last Wings game I went to I saw Subban for the first time. I saw him during the Olympics and new he was solid. The guy is built like a full back.
I would like to see the Habs move on.

Yep, he's a LOAD. He played a great game the other night in Boston. Nobody is really talking up Montreal this year, but they are GOOD. 
The Hab's goal tender, Price, is a cool customer. He doesn't look like anything rattles him, even after giving up those 2 goals the other night, he remained calm. Boston's goalie, on the other hand, lost his cool.    
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2014 at 14:30
Bruins, Win!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2014 at 14:57
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Bruins, Win!

Bruins win...in the 3rd period. Wow...what a let down for the Habs. They had 'em and let them back in it. 

Good win for Boston. Great teams have that "knack" of turning it on when they are down and the Bruins are definitely that. Very impressive. 
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2014 at 15:02
Yep, don't dare drop two at home! That makes for a deep,hole.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic