OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Premier 5-25 deal or no deal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier 5-25 deal or no deal
    Posted: April/27/2014 at 19:00
I have an opportunity to buy a brand new Premier Heritage 5-25x56 with a Gen2 Mil dot for $2400 now I know Premier is a defunct brand but still warranted by Armament Technologies. Is that a decent deal or should I shoot for a March FX 5-40?
So far to my eyes the Premier has the best optics of any scope I have seen to date. S&B is good but I don't like the tunnelling image feeling like looking through a pipe. I have never looked thru a March before.
Any input?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2014 at 20:32
for 2400,in perfect shape, I'd buy it.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Gappa View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2014 at 20:37
even with the Gen2 Mil dot? Do you guys think these Premier scopes will still hold most of their value even though the new Tangent Theta scopes are coming on line?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2014 at 09:11
For $2400, yes, I think it will.  It is a great scope, great optics, and the new company has committed to servicing them.

It isn't a certainty, but nothing is.
Gappa View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2014 at 16:04
I went ahead and popped for it. I still see them fetching <+> 2500 and those are the Gen1 Non marked parallax units.  And I think a $4200 list price for the new 5-25 is enough to make many cringe. Why pay 4200 when you can have something almost just as good for half that.  I read they are using almost the identical prescription with a few little tweaks to give a better exit pupil.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2014 at 16:11
I still love my 3-15, still going strong!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2014 at 18:02
THAT was a deal, sir.  I'd have taken it...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Gappa View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2014 at 20:00
The deals are out there you just gotta have the balls to shoot a low offer and see if they bite. It's pretty amazing what can be had if you wag the cash these days. The scope market is pretty competitive and getting more so.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic