OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rifle Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wired2Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rifle Scope
    Posted: April/19/2014 at 14:56
Hello,

I'm new to firearms and I want to purchase a scope for my AK47. I will be using a NV clip on so my interest is limited to daylight scopes. I'm not a wealthy person so the recommendations must be reasonable. I'm considering a 1.5-6 for a primary scope and a secondary 6-?. I need quality more than features. Ease of use is also a consideration as I'm ignorant and have no shame in admitting to it.

Please base your recommendations on personal experience. I'm highly capable of making my own mistakes in selection.

Shoot!
MOLON LABE MF
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2014 at 03:03
Price range?
Wired2Tight View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wired2Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2014 at 05:55
$500.00
MOLON LABE MF
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2014 at 11:13
For an AK47 I would be looking at Leatherwood/HiLux CMR4 1-4x24 with the AK reticle.

if you are set on a 1.5-6x40, get Burris MTAC.

ILya
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wired2Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2014 at 19:53
Hello,

As usual my budget was BS because I purchased a new Leupold VX6 2-12x42mm rifle scope with illuminated FireDot LR duplex reticle. I'm now shopping for a collimator and  I have not been able to locate a Leupold collimator. The majority of the collimators in eBay are from China and I have hard time trusting them due to previously importing machine tools from China. They are not above packaging a pen light flash light with the bulb painted red and call it a collimator. So I'm seeking your professional advice on range, effectiveness and quality.

I won't waste your time with a price range this time.

Thanks,
Ron Becker
MOLON LABE MF
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wired2Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2014 at 20:48
Hello,

I have been doing research on collimators and I ran across something very profound. My AK47 rifle has a muzzle brake and there is no guarantee that it is square with the rifle barrel bore. How about the chamber bore sighter? Do they have enough range to be effective?

Thanks,
Ron Becker
MOLON LABE MF
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wired2Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2014 at 09:02
*RESOLVED*
MOLON LABE MF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic