OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

RIngs for SIGHTRON SIII 8-32x56mm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alamo308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIngs for SIGHTRON SIII 8-32x56mm?
    Posted: April/04/2014 at 08:44
I ordered this scope from ---- & ---- yesterday, but did not order rings yet.
Has anyone mounted the same scope, and if so, what rings used?

Note: The scope will sit on Nightforce 20-MOA bases, so maybe the rings won't have to be as high-mount as I originally contemplated.

Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Rules of Engagement

3.  Do not advertise other retailers selling the same or similar products as SWFA, this includes posting links to other retailers for products sold by SWFA.  SWFA does not provide this forum as a vehicle to redirect customers to our competition.

Edited by Skylar McMahon - April/04/2014 at 10:08
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 09:13

Why would you come onto a forum paid for and run by SWFA and talk about buying a scope from one of their competitors then ask for assistance?  SWFA has a 110% price gurantee BTW.  Bad JuJu

Also just looked at the prices, SWFA is cheaper than competitor as well, only by a dollar or so but still cheaper!

Edited by Skylar McMahon - April/04/2014 at 10:12
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
alamo308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alamo308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 09:44
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Why would you come onto a forum paid for and run by SWFA and talk about buying a scope from one of their competitors then ask for assistance?  SWFA has a 110% price gurantee BTW.  Bad JuJu  
Why would you come onto a forum discussing scopes and criticize a participant for discussing scopes?
Plenty of threads on here from participants happy with other brands.
Try reading "other scope" posts before getting all snarky. ...Very unhelpful. Utter fail for you.
Sheesh.
Loco
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 09:45
Read the rules before you post. If you don't agree. Leave!

Loco
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:02
Originally posted by alamo308 alamo308 wrote:

Why would you come onto a forum discussing scopes and criticize a participant for discussing scopes?
Try reading "other scope" posts before getting all snarky. ...Very unhelpful. Utter fail for you.
Sheesh.
Loco
Laugh Above

Not once did I criticize you for discussing scopes, thats what this forum is for.  I did criticize you for violating forum rules which you signed up for just a little while ago and marked a box that you agreed to them.

I have read near about every post on this forum as well.  I ain't an optic guru but I did stay at a holiday inn express once.  

You'll not find one thread where it is allowable to discuss another VENDOR.  Its against forum rules and like yours will be, edited to comply with those rules. 

I do have to agree with you on one point.  I' am LocoBig Grin
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
alamo308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alamo308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:03
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Read the rules before you post. If you don't agree. Leave!
Time to lighten up. Let's keep the sport friendly. We're the good guys.
Smile Big Smile Smile
alamo308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alamo308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:10
So will some moderator/administrator please edit out the vendor reference, ...and it'll all be copasetic again?
Mea culpa. Mucho.
Sorry

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:10
Phillip-

Please remember to abide by the rules that you agreed to when joining OpticsTalk.

Welcome to Optics Talk by they way.  Howdy
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:14

Note: The scope will sit on Nightforce 20-MOA bases, so maybe the rings won't have to be as high-mount as I originally contemplated.
Ok, I'll be helpful.

I'm a fan of seekins.  They are my personal favorite due to design
If you want some universal rings without to much cost I like these -

SWFA SS Aluminum Mounting 30mm Rings

They come with reducers so you can use them on 1" scopes as well if you need to in the future.

I did just get a set of these and really like the design.  They lock up tight and are very sleek
American Rifle M10 30mm Rings

Also these are made by a forum member, superb quality and craftsmanship

Dual Lug Rings

I think you'll be cutting it close with mediums but might get by if you dont' run flip caps, highs if you plan to.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:16

Sheesh.
Loco

Philip, you may talk about any scope manufacture that you please, however, the rules request that you refrain from advertising where you purchased the product if it was not from SWFA.

Now, for the sake of this thread, let's get back on topic.
alamo308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alamo308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:17
Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

Phillip-
Please remember to abide by the rules that you agreed to when joining OpticsTalk.
Welcome to Optics Talk by they way.  Howdy

Skylar: Thanks for the J.I.T. edit, ...and the welcome. I promise to behave.
Hammer
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:20
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 10:28
I agree with SVT. Seekins is also a personal preference of mine.

They are truly great rings.

One thing you can see in the picture of mine.

For one they are very ergonomic.
There are two torx screws for applying pressure to your rail. ( Note, if your rail is slightly out of spec, you can compensate some because of two screws instead of one lug)
And they are also proudly made, machined, and anodized here in America.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2014 at 11:34
Welcome to Optics Talk and I too love Seekins rings. They are sleeker and better finished than Badgers, whom I also love. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic