OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BARSKA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BARSKA
    Posted: June/17/2006 at 08:31

Does anybody have any experence with Barska scopes?

BETTER TO HATEED FOR WHO YOU ARE THAN LOVED FOR WHOM YOU'RE NOT!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2006 at 18:54
If you do a search you'll see that there are a few names in optics that are almost universally (and justifiably) disliked: Barska, Leapers, BSA, and a few others.

Chicom crap.

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2006 at 13:57

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

If you do a search you'll see that there are a few names in optics that are almost universally (and justifiably) disliked: Barska, Leapers, BSA, and a few others.

Chicom crap.

ILya

Well said!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2006 at 21:19
I actually got to watch an AR-15 eat a Barska last year. Nothing special, just a typical M-4 style carbine. The owner was popping away at some poor , undeserving beer cans, and stopped to find the objective lens had cracked right down the middle.He deep sixed the scope, and stepped up to a Burris Signature, although he didn't relish spending the money. Better to spend it once now, then to keep replacing other scopes till you find a keeper.

Edited by martin3175
Black Jack View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2006 at 21:50

Well I did the search you guys suggested. Yes, there is a lot of negtive feed back on Barska scopes. To bad I didn't look at this forum before I ordered it from competitor.com Oh well I am going to mount it on my .270 and see what happens. I will post my feedback after I test it.

BETTER TO HATEED FOR WHO YOU ARE THAN LOVED FOR WHOM YOU'RE NOT!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic