OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Things that irritate the $#!* out of you!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things that irritate the $#!* out of you!!!
    Posted: March/14/2014 at 09:08
Some times, ya gotta vent to keep from exploding. Therefore, I thought I'd start a thread about things that are a constant thorn in your backside.

I'll start this out with something that has proven to be a HUGE PITA for me... trailer lights. More often than not, when I hook up to a trailer, one or more light functions doesn't work. Either one tail light is working and the other isn't, or the brake lights and signal indicator lights work, but tail lights don't, or some lights are burnt out, fuses blown, poor ground, wires got cut, poor contact with light plug... You name any combination of trailer light problems, and it's happened to me, numerous times. Usually, but not always, it's been because I didn't have good ground contact with the trailer somewhere. I've gotten stopped by police more times than I can count for light issues on my trailer, where the lights were working fine when I left the house but something stopped working somewhere down the road. The maddening thing about this is trailer light wiring is incredibly simple. You have 2 brown wires for the tail lights, a green wire for the right turn signal, yellow wire for the left turn signal, and white for ground.

After one set of wires recently got yanked off the right tail light of my ATV trailer, and the left side was working intermittently, I got frustrated and bought all new wiring and a new pair of LED lights, ripped out all the old wiring, and re-wired my trailer last night with the new lights. I figured with LEDs, at least maybe I'll eliminate burnt out bulbs as a gremlin, at least for a long time... hopefully. This time around, I ran some PVC pipes on the TOP side of my trailer deck and secured them against the side rails, so the wires would be routed up top and prevent them from being snagged by something underneath, especially when I drive off-road, which happens to me semi-frequently. After I finished... I had my wife check all tail light functions while I was in the truck operating lights, brakes, and turn signals. She immediately started laughing, being very aware of my history with trailer lights. Yep... per usual, the right and left turn signal and brake lights work but running lights don't. Checked the connector... no juice to the tail light pin. This time around, the culprit was the 30A towing light fuse was blown in my truck's engine compartment fuse box.

It never fails. Every time I'm about to pull a trailer somewhere, I have to trouble-shoot and fix the trailer lights first... even when I've rented a trailer from U-Haul!!!!

When it comes to trailers, I'm obviously cursed!

So, we might as well laugh at ourselves and have some fun with this. What are some of the things that continually have you stymied?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 09:17
Uugghh.  I hate trailer lights as well.  I always dedicated at least 30 minutes to get the lights workings before I tow.  I tow two trailers quite often, so then I have twice the issues to deal with. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 09:39

You could have gone to The Complaint Department. It's in Almost Anything GoesBucky

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 09:40
Thats a simple fix here.... our law enforcement doesn't stop for that.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 09:48
My current subject of irritation is entitlement.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 10:06
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

I saw on the news the other day an 18 year old kid is suing her parents for college tuition, rent, and spending money.  Kid would not follow the parents rules, so she moved out and cannot hack it so she is suing her parents.  Loco 

Of course I would say the parents failed miserably to raise a kid with those kind of entitlement issues.  Entitlement is a huge issues for sure
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 10:16
Obama & all the lefties...............
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 10:32
I'm totally in sync with you guys on the entitlement, Obama, and Lefties topics...
But those are waaaaaaayyyyyyy beyond irritants to me! I can't hardly talk about those particular topics without feeling like I need to wrap my noggin with an entire roll of duct tape to keep it from exploding!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 10:54

I'm fighting with the Port over a pair of boots. When I first came here, I was told that everything would be provided for me; eight months later I got my uniforms, at least my weapon came on day one. The procurement process has become more, and more of a mystery ever since. It has gotten so bad that I no longer use the port to acquire my uniforms. It always takes at least 6 months to get something and it's always the wrong size or item or something's wrong with it. I have a sweater that fits and I really like it, but my name is miss spelled on it. Somebody asked me why I didn't send it back, and I told them because I liked it and I'd never see it again if I sent it back. It's happened before.

This winter has sucked with all the snow. The only waterproof boots I have are dessert tan military issue foot torture devices, but they are better than wet cold feet. I'm supposed to have a pair of black waterproof boots issued by the port, but I gave up trying to get those years ago. Well the boss saw my tan boots and now wants me to get new black boots. Here's the problem, I'm not required to wear a safety shoe or boot, but the port's safety director stuck his nose in the issue years ago now requires all boots to have safety toes (I'm not wearing safety toed boots). Now I know there are some firefighters that have non-safety toed boots that were purchased by the port, and they are required to have safety toes. I'm not required to have safety toed boots, but that's all the port will purchase for me. When I brought this up to the boss, he said just buy the safety boot. I said no, I'll buy my own boot in what ever color I want and wear them to work when the weather is bad.

I'll get to do this all over again next winter if I'm still here.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 11:47
I hate people (such as contractors, acquaintances, maintenance folks, etc) who tell you they will do something and then don't. Here is an example. My irrigation time clock has had issues (the last being struck by lightning and fried). Recently, it took another dump. So I called my regular irrigation guy. He told me when he could / would come over and check it out. He never showed up or called. After two days I called him. He said he forgot, but would definitely be there that afternoon. Guess what... he failed to show up again. I called him the next day and told him to forget it and I would get someone else (a competitor of his). Dumbass get PO'd at me! If ya tell somebody something do it... or else have a legitimate reason for not! Loco
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 12:27

ExcellentExcellentExcellent
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 13:32
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

ExcellentExcellentExcellent

Excellent Excellent Excellent
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 18:29
Hey, Rifledude....just pay the traffic ticket and be polite....and save yourself all that aggravation!  Bucky
Visit the Ed Show
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2014 at 09:40
Good tip, Eduardo. Thanks!
Ted

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2014 at 10:19
Hah!  I just thought of something!  I once pulled a big air compressor trailer ( hitched to a pick-up ) with NO LIGHTS on the back end through the night from Wyoming to Salt Lake City in a freaking snowstorm---and didn't get stopped!!  Whistling   

I sure was glad to get that thing un-hitched and delivered when I arrived in Sandy, Utah in the middle of the night.  

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2014 at 07:47

How about a POTUS that hates the American way of life and our Constitution....????
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2014 at 08:57
How about a raisin that hates the Constitution ????
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2014 at 09:39

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2014 at 11:43
theys can sing! Just axe them...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2014 at 14:13
LOL, that's RACIST! Fro
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic