OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My week so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My week so far
    Posted: March/13/2014 at 20:34
Crazy week so far good and bad.
 Monday had to deliver an eviction to a live dead person. Luckily she had moved out the week before.
Tuesday Had an early Dr appointment to remove 10 stitches from the last skin cancer removal.
Wednesday Grand daughter was doing property inspections. When she entered the property she heard someone moaning in the house. She called the police. They arrived (4 car loads in under 5 minutes) 2 teenagers were using the house for a romantic interlude. The popo gave them citations for unlawful entry. I asked the grand daughter what she said ti get such a response from the police. She told the dispatcher that they were having sex.
Thursday One of my agents brought in his dog. She loves to play tug a war. I had the toy and she pulled me over in the chair. My head hit the edge of the solid office door. 3" gash starting where the stitches were just removed. This afternoon one of our close REO Realtor friends got a house about 3 miles from where I lived in Inola. She has been checking it weekly since the first of Feb. The neighbors called and said the man was missing. Well he was still in the house. the Coroner estimated he had been deceased about a month. Sure glad she got this one.
Friday  Cant wait. I have a new property to find in the middle of nowhere. It is about 7 miles North of Lost City. It may be another fun day.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2014 at 23:57
Hang in there.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 04:49
Lile, did they finish before the cops arrived?

Yippee

When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 05:54

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 05:59
SKIPPPP!  Baseball Bat  Smile

Well at least you can't complain your life is dull.... 

You need to explain about the living dead person....Whacko

I'm a little confused about thursdays encounter...  The realtor was watching house since feb?  was it on a foreclosure list or something and she was waiting a required period of time?  if the guy was dead for only a month, he must have stopped paying mortgage 3-6 month before...right?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 06:00
There has to be a good bad story there....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 06:01
Bud, I don't like stories with no climax, ya know what I mean.

Big Grin
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 06:20

No No
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 06:24

Visit the Ed Show
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 08:10
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Lile, did they finish before the cops arrived?

Yippee

The Cops got an eye full. The couple never knew anyone was there until they were popped.

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 08:57
D--- Windows, I was typing away and everything went away for an sneaky update shutdown.

Super short review
 House is assigned
Go to house to determine occupancy and post a You Need to Know flyer.

When vacancy is determined make entry and re-key the property to make it secure. Photo inventory any personals and damage to the prop.

Check to see it they have moved out and if utilities are still connected. Not always accurate.
If Occupancy can't be determined check every few days to see if flyer disappears. Sometimes it can be hard to tell. Especially if they are there without electric and water. Place tells on doors to check it they are opened ect.
 When the house is full of everyday objects it can be hard to determine if they have moved or may be living elsewhere. This is still considered occupied.
You never want to re-key an occupied house if you can help it no matter how long it takes.
It is better to have the lawyers proceed with a Sheriffs lock out. this will take an additional 30 days here.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 09:30

Hmmmm, a house that's had a dead body in it for a MONTH. I bet that'll be easy to rent, NOT.

At least you can't say your bored.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 09:51
Sounds like a job for my little sister... She burned out her olfactory with cocaine when she was young so she has no sense of smell.  She always got to clean up the worst smelly messes and deal with all the bad infections and absesses at the Vets becasue of it...Smile.
--Thomas Jefferson

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 20:01
BF: We only sell the houses. Investors snap them up.
 Live Dead person
Comes from Reverse Mortgages. Advertised that you recieve payments for life.Then the house goes back to the Lender. The hidden clause rarely mentioned is if you move out of the house, Or it is vacant for a period of time, the house is up for breach. The above mentioned had been in the hospital for over 4 months. She went back home just as we were ordered to secure it. She was still alive but was evicted. Without the monthly payment that she was to get  the rest of her life .per the contract Don't let loved ones take on a reverse a mortgage. Be are fully aware of how easy the house can be taken from the owner. It is very rare that the owner comes out ahead, or even near to break even for the value of the home.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 22:37
sh*t I can't imagine having to evict under those conditions...
--Thomas Jefferson

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2014 at 09:38
My week wasn't quite as eventful. I just installed some trailer lights. Can't say I've ever encountered a live dead person, but I've known a few dead live persons.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2014 at 09:53
Same here... My Ex's father was the most STATIC person I've ever met.  Birds would land on that guy!  A true strange one!  He was a beer alcoholic for 30+ yrs.  He quit drinking the day he retired.  We had fully expected him to drink himself to death upon retirement.

Then he took to sitting in the yard for hours sun tanning.  You had to check him periodically to  make sure he was still alive as he never moved....  A bird really did land on him once... he still didn't move! Smile
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2014 at 10:13
My mother had various houses, mobile homes, etc. in Phoenix years ago.  What a freaking disaster!  People would destroy the homes, live there for years, and then skip out leaving my Mom to suddenly come up with a big balloon payment or something, in like, 5 minutes! 

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2014 at 10:21

seems the only people that aren't looking for some type of hand out are the ones that are too proud to ask....  There sure aren't many of those left either and by their nature are hard to find!
--Thomas Jefferson

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2014 at 11:19
In my younger days I bounced from one career to another. It didn't take long until boredom set in. Selling Real Estate was not much better. Then I found the REO side of Real Estate. Since 1992 the thing I am sure of is that you can never say you have seen everything. Something new pops up every week.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic