OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vx- r 2-7x33 for CZ 527 American?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mct453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vx- r 2-7x33 for CZ 527 American?
    Posted: March/12/2014 at 20:33
New here.
I have several rifles 3 with redfield revolutions 3 rifles with burris (2 fullfields and an older signature (U.S. manufacture).I am mostly a waterfowl sporting clays and turkey hunter so I really never focused too much on the rifles though I have way more than I need .The question I have is based on countless searches and lots of info on the issues with mounting a scope on a CZ 527.I recently aquired the 527 american and a 455 american in wmr both new and want to invest in some nice optics.Now I like my redfields and burris optics very much and was content with my choices until I discovered this forum.I would like to get medium rings and make get the optic a little lower than what the cz rings would allow.I would like sub 40mm objective.I dont want to v
get my bolt handle modified.Right now after constant searching(I get internet obsessed when researching stuff like this.Wife says im goofy.)I am interested in the vx-r 2-7x33 and the vx3 2.5-8x38.I plan on getting the vx-r hog recticle non-illuminated for my mod 77/357 and putting that redfield 2-7x33 revolution on the cz455 .22wmr.Will I be able to mount the optics mentioned above the way I want to on my 527?Would you have other reccomendations based on the critera listed?All advice appreciated.I am a member of other forums but my first post here.
I appreciate your time and God bless.

post script. I kinda want to stay in this price range or less if there is a less expensive option out there.I have been lookin at the meopta ,minox ,burris ,weaver , and others.I have been scattered brained over this little journey im on.
Thanks again.
mct453 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mct453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2014 at 21:23
Also just discovered the ior 4x32.
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 08:42
I have the 527 American in .223. It comes with the new style bolt handle and works well.

I would say the 2-7x33 is a good scope choice. I went with a 3-9x36 as my LGS had an ex-demo for sale in that size.

Also if you can still find it have a look at the Minox 1.5-8x32.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your shooting.

ATB,

Scrummy
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
mct453 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mct453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2014 at 15:51
Ordered the new Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8×32 with dead hold recticle last night.I know it wasn't listed initially but I just discovered it yesterday.After 2 weeks of reading reviews and relentless research I settled on new optics with little info available. ..Goofy I guess but anxious to get it.

Thank you for the reply brother.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2014 at 12:26
Very welcome! Enjoy!
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Canuck Bob View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2014 at 19:20
I went with a 4X28 M8 Compact for my 527 American lefty.  Mine came with a new style bolt handle so clearance is not a problem for me.  The right hand new handle is quite affordable from CZ USA's site.

I would seriously consider the Leupold Ultralight scopes with small eyepieces.  This is reported to allow the lower rings if you wish.  

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/40110_Bolt-Handle-527-New-Style  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic