OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Upgrade from Zeiss 3-9x40 to???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 07:48
I have the hd5 conquest 5x25x50 on my ought6 & I have no complaints. It'll get you in trouble.
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 07:49
With the rapid z800. Left that part out
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 08:27
mtank,

Fair warning before the mods get to you, but you shouldn't refer to another retailer when SWFA hosts this website and offers a 110% price match gaurantee.
-Matt
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 11:01
Oh well I've never been politically correct or a kiss ass that's why I got out of the navy after 6. I gave swfa the chance on a z3 scope but they couldn't touch my local dealers price. Instead told me to beware. I gave swaro the serial # & it was legit from a authorized dealer $80 bucks cheaper. Don't like competition step up your game.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 11:41
Originally posted by mtank mtank wrote:

Oh well I've never been politically correct or a kiss ass that's why I got out of the navy after 6. I gave swfa the chance on a z3 scope but they couldn't touch my local dealers price. Instead told me to beware. I gave swaro the serial # & it was legit from a authorized dealer $80 bucks cheaper. Don't like competition step up your game.

This has nothing to do with being politically correct or kissing anyone's behind.  You are free to purchase your products from anyone you want.

However, when you signed up for the forum, you agreed to several very specific rules also available here:  http://opticstalk.com/the-ot-rules_topic5473.html

Rule #3 explicitly states: Do not advertise other retailers selling the same or similar products as SWFA, this includes posting links to other retailers for products sold by SWFA.  SWFA does not provide this forum as a vehicle to redirect customers to our competition.

You do not have to like it, but you do have to follow it.

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 11:45
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

This has nothing to do with being politically correct or kissing anyone's behind.  You are free to purchase your products from anyone you want.

However, when you signed up for the forum, you agreed to several very specific rules also available here:  http://opticstalk.com/the-ot-rules_topic5473.html

Rule #3 explicitly states: Do not advertise other retailers selling the same or similar products as SWFA, this includes posting links to other retailers for products sold by SWFA.  SWFA does not provide this forum as a vehicle to redirect customers to our competition.

You do not have to like it, but you do have to follow it.

ILya

Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 11:53
Sir yes sir                     
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 12:10
Yippee
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 12:15
I go by the best price and was pointing out that info and would hope someone would do the same. Nothing against swfa @ all as i'm in the process of making a scope order now but  I know from personal experience they won't stand up to the 110% price match as was stated earlier.  It worked out for the best though because I got a much better scope. 
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 12:15
scope order with swfa that is.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 14:25

I go by the best price and was pointing out that info and would hope someone would do the same. Nothing against swfa @ all as i'm in the process of making a scope order now but  I know from personal experience they won't stand up to the 110% price match as was stated earlier.  It worked out for the best though because I got a much better scope. 

It's real simple, Tank. SWFA owns this forum you're using. It is a private forum, and therefore you have no "right" to say and do whatever you please. Just as you have the right to decide who is and isn't allowed inside your home and how visitors to your home shall behave while they are on your property, SWFA has certain rules you must abide by in exchange for the privilege of using their forum that they pay for and provide for your free use.  Just as a police officer writing you a ticket for doing 80 in a 40 mph zone doesn't care what you think the speed limit should be, what you think of the Forum Rules is irrelevant. You agreed to these rules when you registered your account, and your continued use of this free forum is incumbent on you following those rules, and they aren't negotiable. Beyond the fact that the Rules are non-negotiable, entering into someone's "house" and encouraging other visitors to buy from their competitors is just plain disrespectful.

Rule # 3 clearly states:
"Do not advertise other retailers selling the same or similar products as SWFA, this includes posting links to other retailers for products sold by SWFA.  SWFA does not provide this forum as a vehicle to redirect customers to our competition."

While we're on the subject, Rule # 6 also states:
"The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com."
In other words, if you feel SWFA is failing to honor their 110% price match policy, then you need to call and discuss this with them, not air your grievance on their forum. Chances are, you haven't fully read and understood the conditions for the policy.

You've received helpful advice from the members here. Why are you being disrespectful when moderators are simply pointing out that you must abide by the very rules you agreed to?

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 14:37

Alright lets try to steer this back on coarse....

If you had to choose today Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14x44 vs Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 both for the same price? What would you do?

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 14:55
That is tough, because they are very closely compared with one another.

If you look at both companies they have an excellent track record with producing great products, flawless CS, and these two in particular are great scopes if you are looking to stretch your money into something that will last a long time.

Personally I would lean more toward Vortex, becasue of the larger erector, you have a wide magnification range.

But I say flip a coin. Your going to make a great decision either way.
Rudy Dog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudy Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2014 at 19:25
My vote would be for the Leupold VX-3 or the Vortex. Both are able to handle a beating and have great warranties if needed. I will give the color contrast advantage to the VX-3 though.
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2014 at 10:03
I've called around to a bunch of shops just to see a Viper HS in person and no one has one in stock.... I own a Conquest and VX3's already so I know there quality.
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2014 at 19:27
Well me and the boy killed a few hours at Cabelas this afternoon and I finally was able to see and play with a viper HS in real life. Turns out they are real and are not just an internet myth Lol. I looked at the 4-16x44 with the bdc. I gotta say I walked away pretty impressed. I dont think the bdc would be to thin in the woods. Sure had a solid feel to it as well.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2014 at 20:41
Originally posted by 03mossy 03mossy wrote:

Well me and the boy killed a few hours at Cabelas this afternoon and I finally was able to see and play with a viper HS in real life. Turns out they are real and are not just an internet myth Lol. I looked at the 4-16x44 with the bdc. I gotta say I walked away pretty impressed. I dont think the bdc would be to thin in the woods. Sure had a solid feel to it as well.

Yeah, they are a great all-around scope.
-Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic