OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

the right choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 13:34
what is the intended use of the 270 WM?   Either way...  all the options you've listed are Top-notch!
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 13:41
Mainly whitetail hunting but will be taking it to Colorado in October for an elk & mule deer hunt
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 13:53
splurge and get the diavari 4-16x50
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 14:11
Lol that's way out of my budget
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 15:02
I don't think you will notice a huge difference between 10x and 12x... get either one I listed from the samplelist and don't look back!   Talk with the lovely folks here at SWFA... they will give you the scoop on those 2  scopes and which is better!
take em!
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 15:04
one more to consider is the meopro 4-12x50 with a #4 reticle. i actually compared one to a swaro z3 and it easily hung with the swaro in lowlight and had a touch more eye relief and costs about half what the swaro does.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 15:13
the 2.5x on the bottom side... compared to the 4x is a bigger plus to me than the 12x is over the 10x.  that 2.5 can come in real handy if you're sitting in some timber and looking at a real close shot.  Elk are pretty big.. 10x should be plenty.  Otherwise you'll have to up your ante or wait it out for one to show up on samplelist.

don't forget to post a pic when you get it set up!
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 15:56
Would a man still get the zeiss warranty since these scopes are demos?
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 16:48
pretty sure you do... but as I said above... give the wonderful folks at SWFA a call... they will be honest with you.  I believe the Nikons are only 90 days... not aware of any others.  at least of the name brand higher end stuff.
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2014 at 13:55
A brief update. I called zeiss this am to ask about the warranty. Figured straight from the source would be best. The scope would still have a lifetime warranty. However when I called to ask about the scope I told the guy which two I was considering. He said that he couldn't justify the extra $500 in price between the swaro z3 & the zeiss victory Diavari.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2014 at 14:00
like I said before... Only YOU can make that decision!
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 13:30
I found a used swaro z6 2.5x15x56 that I'm trying to deal on.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 13:45
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 14:02
Yea I saw that but I can get this one for $1500 looks brand new but he's 6 hours away.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 14:21
be careful......   that's a lot of greenbacks!
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 14:42
Yes it is. I'm a lil leary about it simply because I'm not familiar with the swaro warranty. Where as I've spoken directly to zeiss about buying the demo & I know I'm covered for life. I'm just not familiar enough with these higher end optics & don't wanna break the bank on optics.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 15:11
You'll be very happy with Swarosvki z series, the images are the same as Zeiss Victory series, there is no clear winner. The z3 and z5 are excellent too.

I have Swaro z6, Zeiss Victory HT, Leica ER and Kahles C... they all pop. Not one is clearly any better that the other.

SWFA's Swaro demos are covered too, just register it after you buy it.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 16:08
After all the debate it's still a toss up between the Z3 I'm looking @ & the zeiss victory Diavari 2.5x10x50. Both are excellent choices & both have received the nod from numerous people. If I step up to the Diavari it's gonna cost about another $550 over the z3. If I go with the Z3 that $550 I'm saving would almost cover the cost of my elk stamp.   
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 16:44
either way... you really can't lose.  $550 is a chunk of change.  Get the Z3 and get to the range!  You're getting the Z3 from SWFA right?
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2014 at 22:18
No from a local dealer. Same dealer I bought my hd5 from. Going go get it tomorrow & let them bore sight it. Can't wait to shoot it. Not sure when that will be as my big hobby is drag racing & I have a race this weekend & the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic