OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

the right choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the right choice
    Posted: February/22/2014 at 21:44
I'm new to  the sight but hoping to get some helpful info. I have a brand new weatherby accumark v 270 weatherby mag that I'm needing scoped. I'm leaning towards the Swaro Z3 4X12X50.  I've also looked at the accupoint 2.5x10x56 the conquest 3x12x56. I have a Zeiss conquest hd5 that's pretty clear but I have to send it back. Any suggestions?
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 13:13
id get the zeiss 56mm with 8 reticle over the swaro unless light weight is very important. the swaro duplex was too thin for me. never looked at the swaro 4a tho. i have a meostar 3-12x56 that i love but ive handled the zeiss and liked it as well
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 13:42
Originally posted by mtank mtank wrote:

I'm new to  the sight but hoping to get some helpful info. I have a brand new weatherby accumark v 270 weatherby mag that I'm needing scoped. I'm leaning towards the Swaro Z3 4X12X50.  I've also looked at the accupoint 2.5x10x56 the conquest 3x12x56. I have a Zeiss conquest hd5 that's pretty clear but I have to send it back. Any suggestions?

what do you plan on using this combo for?  the more info the better
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 14:10
I'm from Tennessee so it'll be used whitetail hunts mainly but also planning on bringing this gun to Colorado this October for a mulie & elk hunt.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 14:25
sorry... should have asked if you have a price range?  Personally... the Swara sounds great, but Robster might have a point with the reticle.
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 16:30
$1,000 -$1300 range
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 16:32
I already have two sets of rings & bases for the gun both are for 1" tubes. So I'd have to buy another set of rings if I go with a 30
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 17:06
an extra 60-80 bucks aint nothin tho if ur spending a grand on a scope. some 1 inch scopes to consider besides the swaro are the conquest and meopta meopro scopes.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 17:45
I have a Kahles CL 3-10X50  and I wouldn't recommend anything bigger than a 50 unless you are night hunting.   If you aren't in a big hurry... consider waiting for a Swaro Professional to show up on the samplelist.   Swarovski 3-12x50 Professional Hunter Rifle Scope DEMO-B  is there now, but it has an illuminated reticle which you don't need.  without illum, should put it in your range.

if you can stretch just a bit... this would be awesome:
http://www.samplelist.com/Zeiss-25-10x50-Diavari-VMV-DEMO-B-P68361.aspx

for something a bit less:
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 17:47
here's another you may want to consider:

The best thing you could do would be to actually look thru these models.... outside in low light. 
take em!
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 18:16
The z3 I bought last year is the best scope I have ever used. It has a bit of every need for me - light weight, killer warranty both of which I have used to fullest.

The only and the slightest question I have had with the z3 is the reason for the price tag anyway, that is just way it is. Great scope all around I'd buy another.
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 18:27
i agree on those Diavaris. amazing glass. i looked thro a few the other day at a store. if u can swing the cost i dont think u would regret paying it
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 18:30
arried my Zeiss hd5 5x25x50 outside just a bit ago. It would've been outside of legal hunting & it was still very clear. For the $$$ it's a hard choice between the Z3 or snagging another one of these hd5's. When I 1st started looking I was comparing the leupold vx3 4.5x14x50. Then started comparing field of view & best for light gathering it didn't really stack up. I have a vx3 3.5x10x50 on a 264 win mag pretty clear scope until you pick up the hd5
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 18:39
I've never looked thru a Diavari hell I've never even laid hands on one. As clear as my hd5 is I can only imagine how the Diavari would be.
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 18:49
When I started this thread I was 90% set on the swaro z3 4 12 50 w/ballistic turret. However now I'm seriously leaning towards the Diavari. My old concern w/getting the 2.5x10 over the 4x12 is losing that lil bit in magnification but not sure if it would be a noticeable change.
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 18:51
pull the diavari up to ur eyes and its like bam! clear big razor sharp picture. theres no finicky eyebox or having to place ur eye perfectly behind it. the ones i looked at were the 2.5-10x50 and 3-12x56
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2014 at 20:02
I'll try & get my hands on one. If the Diavari was a 4x12x50 as the Z3 I'm looking @ would it be worth the premium?
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 09:59
Originally posted by mtank mtank wrote:

If the Diavari was a 4x12x50 as the Z3 I'm looking @ would it be worth the premium?
only you can decide that mtank.  for some reason, I didn't think you liked the HD5...  so maybe another one of those would be the ticket?
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 10:04
take em!
mtank View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2014 at 12:29
No I liked the hd5 it just has a slight issue that Zeiss has assured me will be taken care of or the scope replaced no questions ask. Really liking their customer service. It's an awesome scope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic