OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

R8 SUCCES.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R8 SUCCES.
    Posted: February/14/2014 at 04:57
I finally got my new Succes stock in the house. I have been waiting for it for a while cause i am a lefty. 
My R8 Camo was great but the Camo dress started to peel off.  ( Should not happen on a rifle at THAT price fi you ask me)
Here it is mounted with my Aimpoint Pro.

Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2014 at 04:59
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2014 at 07:32
sweet, liking the aimpoint?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2014 at 07:36
Claus, that is a great looking rifle...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2014 at 07:36
I was looking at those. My initial impression was good... surprising since I've never been enthralled with thumbhole stocks. Alas, at over $4100 (U.S.) it seemed a bit much. Congrats on yours. Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2014 at 08:06
I loved my Blaser, just couldn't fall in love with the bolt pull like I thought I would.  messed me up everytime I grabbed a different gun to go out with other than it.  
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2014 at 13:39
Thanks guys.
I am real pleased with it. From the first time i shouldered it, it felt right. The pistol grip is formed so it feels like it's made for my hand only. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Im learning to use the Aimpoint right. Went on a drivenhunt in Germany in December and learned a lot about shooting at moving target.

Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2014 at 14:05
Looks great good hunting with it.Do you use the Bindon method with your red dot?
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2014 at 14:17
Yes, i shoot with both eyes open. It took a little while before i got used to it, but it actually is a fantastic way to aim, i think.
Before the Germany trip i was practicing on the tv, having a wild boar hunting movie on it, driving my wife crazyBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Must have shot at least 100 pigs before i went hunting.Roll on Floor Laughing

Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2014 at 12:45
Excellent Claus how does she shoot and how do you like the success stock compared to the old synthetic one. I can only find right hand ones here in SA, which doesnt help me as im left handed.
Regards Chris
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2014 at 17:26
Originally posted by Claus Claus wrote:

Yes, i shoot with both eyes open. It took a little while before i got used to it, but it actually is a fantastic way to aim, i think.
Before the Germany trip i was practicing on the tv, having a wild boar hunting movie on it, driving my wife crazyBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Must have shot at least 100 pigs before i went hunting.Roll on Floor Laughing

Isn't that hard on the TV's
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2014 at 05:17
Big Smile
Well the TV's still alive, as i didn't have beans in the rifle Big SmileBig Smile

Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2014 at 05:31
Chris:
It shoots as well as the other Blasers i have had. This is the first 6 shots, on 200 meters, after sighting in the last one i had. The Succes are doing the same thing, but i have no photos yet.

Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 07:55
Thats some real good shooting Claus, especialy at 200m. Do you prefer the feel and handling of the success over your old stock. I have never been a fan of thumb hole stocks, because i'm left handed they dont suit me. I have tried to find a left handed Success stock here in SA to have a feel, but cant find any. Whats your input and thoughts on the left handed Success stock?
Regards Chris
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 08:06
I like both stocks, but i think the hole stock gives me a more controlled grip. The hole was something i had to get a little used to, especially if repeating is supposed to go real fast. It's not a problem, just something i had to get used to.
The grip really feels like it's made especially for my hand. My buddy is also a lefty, he had the same feeling and he is a big guy with a lot bigger hands than me. 
Why don't you send an email to Blaser and ask them if there is any dealers around you, who has a left hand stock? 
http://www.blaser.de/index.php?id=89&L=1

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 10:47
There are several left handed R8 Success rifles listed on Gunbroker right now. Obviously, they are available.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 11:05
Nice rifle, and good shooting, Claus!

I've never been a fan of thumbhole stocks, but I like the proportions of that one.

I have a Blaser K-95. Blaser's quality and accuracy is both outstanding!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 12:37
Originally posted by Claus Claus wrote:

I like both stocks, but i think the hole stock gives me a more controlled grip. The hole was something i had to get a little used to, especially if repeating is supposed to go real fast. It's not a problem, just something i had to get used to.
The grip really feels like it's made especially for my hand. My buddy is also a lefty, he had the same feeling and he is a big guy with a lot bigger hands than me. 
Why don't you send an email to Blaser and ask them if there is any dealers around you, who has a left hand stock? 
http://www.blaser.de/index.php?id=89&L=1

Did ask the local Blaser guys, and nobody has any on the shelf, I opted to order a left hand R8 with a a wood stock. Its costing me 500 Euro's more just to order a left hand rifle, bloody crazy if you ask me. Thats a lot of money to pay to turn a machine around to cut a left hand stock, and put a bolt handle on the left side of a bolt. But I figured seeing as Im paying so much anyway I may as well do it right and go left hand.

Regards Chris
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2014 at 16:42
Excellent shooting, Claus.  I have mixed feelings on thumbhole stocks, but the one on my CZ700 "feels" good and I like it.  Some don't fit my hand well.  That appears to suit you pretty well.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2014 at 03:42

I've never been a fan of thumbhole stocks, but I like the proportions of that one.
I have a Blaser K-95. Blaser's quality and accuracy is both outstanding!
[/QUOTE]

That is the exact same thoughts i had... Acturly i felt the Succes stock was a bit to " hi tec " the first couple of times i saw it. I changed my mind when i shouldered it the first time. 
I have only seen the K95 on pictures. It looks REAL nice, and i have no reason to doubt the accuracy. Excellent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic