OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Bowl??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Bowl??
    Posted: January/23/2014 at 15:32
Who's brain storm was it to hold the SB in NJ this time of year?!?! Loco 

I do love the outdoor NHL games have been having more of lately. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2014 at 16:02
I don't know anything about the venue question, but I just wanted to mention the fact that before the season started, I predicted a Denver - Seattle SB this year.

Don't know if that prediction is all that remarkable or not, or whether y'all may be thinking "bullsh**" or not, but it's the truth.

Since that prediction is one of the few I've gotten correct this season in either college or pro ball, I felt the need to brag about it.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2014 at 16:22
It should be a very good game.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2014 at 16:29
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

I don't know anything about the venue question, but I just wanted to mention the fact that before the season started, I predicted a Denver - Seattle SB this year.

Don't know if that prediction is all that remarkable or not, or whether y'all may be thinking "bullsh**" or not, but it's the truth.

Since that prediction is one of the few I've gotten correct this season in either college or pro ball, I felt the need to brag about it.

Excellent   OK Ted, now predict when I can retire and turn to a life of leisure (hunting, shooting and golf).
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2014 at 16:37

...Next Wednesday, Jan. 29th, Ric!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2014 at 18:16
I say Bronco's win it all. I hope Peyton hangs 4 TD's on top of "the leagues best corner" Richard Sherman. Whacko
I expected more, and less, from a Stanford graduate. 
(Sorry to bag on your boy, Mike.) 

Haha..I predicted Mannings best days were behind him when he joined the Bronco's. I used terms like "has been" and "washed up", as I recall. Bucky He's played LIGHTS OUT! 
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2014 at 21:05
Go Broncos!!!!!
-Matt
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2014 at 21:57
No problemo Marc!

Richard Sherman's known for outbursts like that (Seattle and Sanford) and was media gold after the game ending play. We don't know all the history about him and Michael Crabtree but apparently there was some off-field stuff that went down last summer. Crabtree on the other hand has an equally big trap that was slammed shut last Sunday, if he made the catch I guarantee you he would have been very verbal himself.

I saw Sherman's interview yesterday where he addressed a lot of things, very articulate, well spoken, and not pumped up from just helping knock the Niners out of the playoffs. I may not agree with everything he said and did but that's sports and so far from what I've seen he can back it up.

IMHO, Terrell Owens celebrating on the Dallas Star in the middle of Cowboys Stadium several years ago was a far worse and classless act. What he did wasn't pointed at one person but to entire crowd/team.

As for the Super Bowl, hopefully it's going to be a great one. I love watching Peyton Manning play and it'll be interesting to see how the Broncos do against the Seahawks D. He needs to bring his A game because if Wilson finally brings his, it doesn't look good for Denver. You know the old sports cliché about the defense...  Big Smile

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 06:56
Another Bronco fan here. Denver was the only orange / blue team worth watching this year!!!
               Anomymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 07:09
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Another Bronco fan here. Denver was the only orange / blue team worth watching this year!!!

^^^^THIS^^^^Sad
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 09:04
The Denver Broncos have long been my 2nd favorite NFL team, behind the Dallas Cowboys, ever since I can remember watching football. Since I finally got my fill of all things associated with Jerry Jones and officially "disassociated" myself from Cowboy fandom a couple years ago (although I must admit I do remain an ardent fan of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Naughty), and since I still haven't quite warmed up to the Houston Texans, Denver has moved into 1st place for me. I've also been a big Peyton Manning fan, so his move to the Broncos sweetened the deal for me. Peyton is a class act, and I think it's only fitting for him to close out his truly remarkable season with a SB win. I think he deserves it after all he's done for the sport.

GO BRONCOS!
Ted

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 09:49
If the Broncos win do you think Payton will retire or go for two like Eleay did?

Payton is definitely a class act and makes great comericals too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 10:00
When I see Manning....I see this....

It's sorta hard for me to root for him..ya know? He's still 0 for 4 against The Gators. Wink

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 10:01
Hard to speculate. He's a competitor who loves the game, so I'm sure that part of him would like to continue playing. How long he continues playing will likely be determined by the physical toll he's paid and whether or not he feels he can continue performing at a high level. You certainly couldn't blame him if he decided to leave while he's on top of his game. He has the personality, the knowledge, the speaking ability, and the sense of humor to be a fantastic NFL commentator. I would hate to see him do a Brett Favre and sour the end of a great football career.
Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 10:10
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

When I see Manning....I see this....

It's sorta hard for me to root for him..ya know? He's still 0 for 4 against The Gators. Wink

Nobody's perfect, Mark. You can't blame Peyton for doing what he and his family felt was in the best interest of his football career at the time. Even Archie, a die-hard Ole Miss alum, felt that Peyton made the right decision at the right time concerning his college choice. He's still a class act among many others who definitely aren't, and still a credit to the game.
Ted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 10:28
I agree on all points, Ted. I'm just funnin a bit. I've followed his career since his first snap under center at Knoxville when I lived there.  
deafinoneear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS "RUSTIC"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafinoneear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 12:32
I think if they win he goes out on top. Hopefully he does not pull a Montana, that was just sad.
If they do win he will be the best QB of all time. Winning with two different teams, he would be the first.
deafinoneear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS "RUSTIC"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafinoneear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 13:04
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 14:16
Yeah kinda.
               Anomymous
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2014 at 16:06
It is going to be hard for the "super bowl" to live up to the championship games...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic