OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Introduces XTR II Line of Riflescopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Introduces XTR II Line of Riflescopes
    Posted: January/06/2014 at 12:04
Burris Company

Burris Optics

Press Release

Burris Introduces New Line of Xtreme Tactical Riflescopes 

GREELEY, Colo. (January 2, 2014) -  Burris®, a proven leader in riflescope technology, is proud to introduce the next generation in tactical optics with the new XTR II™ line of riflescopes. This feature-packed line-up offers sophisticated reticles and advanced windage and elevation adjustments to give tactical, competitive, and long-range precision rifle shooters a serious optic for extreme use.  

Edited by Chris Farris - October/02/2014 at 12:54

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2014 at 12:43
Interesting
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2014 at 14:58
I think I will put their 2-10x42 FFP scope at the top of the list of scopes I want to test after SHOT.

ILya
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2014 at 15:27
interesting that it is not apparently offered illuminated..
Hopefully the reticle doesn't get lost on low power..

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2014 at 15:58
Let me know what you think, ILya.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2014 at 00:55
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

interesting that it is not apparently offered illuminated..
Hopefully the reticle doesn't get lost on low power..

G2B is pretty easy to see on low power if memory serves me right.  We'll see how it performs once I get my hands on it.

ILya
rmart View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2014 at 20:54
How does the 5.56 bdc reticle work with 7.62?
Also, how does this sight compare to the MTAC?
I note that the magnification is higher but what about controls, etc.

Thanks
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2014 at 11:20
Originally posted by rmart rmart wrote:

How does the 5.56 bdc reticle work with 7.62?
Also, how does this sight compare to the MTAC?
I note that the magnification is higher but what about controls, etc.

Thanks

Welcome to Optics Talk!

There are some parameters associated with several 5.56 & 7.62 rounds that reticle will work with.
Here's a PDF with load data that corresponds with the subtensions of the reticle.

That is the largest I could make it, without being distorted. I can email you the file if you like?

There are several differences.
Noted: the erector is larger with the XTR II (5X) than the MTAC (4X). Slightly larger magnification range.

Other differences are the reticle. The MTAC has a Donut reticle, the XTR has an improved donut with windage and elevaltion compensation.

Also, with the XTR II, the power selector ring is the entire occular housing and it is knurled, where the MTAC power selector ring is independent from the occular housing and has a smoother appeal.

The elevation turrets are another difference. The XTR boasted an exposed housing with MRAD adjustments where the MTAC is finger adjustable 1/4 MOA adjustments.

The other difference that I recall is with the rheostat. The XTR II and the MTAC are both located on the left side of the scope, however the XTR is positioned at 90 degrees where the MTAC is offset and is closer to the elevation turret.

rmart View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2014 at 14:08
I have a lot to learn...
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2014 at 10:20
Welcome to the OT! With the exception of Ilya ,Jon A & a few  others we all have a lot to learn & that's why I keep coming back!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2014 at 20:43
any timeline on getting a review on these?
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2014 at 21:06
Originally posted by jjrgr21 jjrgr21 wrote:

any timeline on getting a review on these?

Right now I have not heard the specifics, but it will most likely be Spring or Summer of this year.

Would you like to get on our list for pre-orders?
Cold Trigger Finger View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2014 at 15:33
Are the reticles wire or etched.
I've had a lot of Burris scopes and the single biggest problem I have had is reticles breaking. I've had lots of problems with that. The 1.5-8x34 mm tube looks like it would be great on a 416 . If and that's a huge if! It will hold up.
You are being watched.
If it can't be grown, It's gotta be mined
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2014 at 16:53
CTF, Burris uses etched reticles.

Cold Trigger Finger View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 16:36
OK. That's good. Where are they made??
You are being watched.
If it can't be grown, It's gotta be mined
Ernie Bishop View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2014 at 11:58

I have finally spent some time in the field with the 8-40 XTR-II.
There was 6 guys out on Monday having a good time at distance. Two of the guys were from Montana.
This is the 8-40 XTR-II.
Ran a 100 rounds through my F-Open rifle yesterday with this scope. Light loaded 284 Win, with 180 Hybrids.
Got it zeroed at 100 yards, and then started working my way out.
Have you ever went to the range and realize you left your drop chart at home? (Grrr!)
Some technology on my iPhone helped me out.
I shot out to 1000 yards, but really was just trying to get used to the scope.
Really like the reticle and the turrets. I like how they marked the turrets (Excellent).

I also used the XTR-II to make wind calls for a guy shooting his 338 Lapua Improved at 2073 yards.
I shot his rifle later on at the same distance with success-different topic/different scope.
I had my wind down (shooting at that distance already) and I decided to put 10 shots at 800 yards.
Good conditions, NEO Rest, stupid accurate rifle, and a really nice scope.

Later that day I spoke with one of the guys who was with me and he was using my 8-40 to spot @ 2073 and he loved it.
Jeremy (shooting partner of the owner of the 338) decided he wanted a 5-25 XTR-II after seeing mine compared to other options he was considering.
I will be using this scope a lot more during the 3rd week of June.  Everyone who has looked through or used this scope has been impressed.

Ernie

"If you think you are perfect, just try walking on water."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic