OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

the pope knows economics????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrecking ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the pope knows economics????
    Posted: December/16/2013 at 07:39
An interesting read.

"Pope Francis recently weighed in on the economics of inequality. As a professional in that field, I could respond by detailing his errors of fact and reasoning. Maybe some other time. For now, I think that if the pope can pronounce on economics, then it’s only fair that I -- a full-time preacher of economics -- should be allowed to opine on his grasp of Christian morality.
By dwelling on inequality, the pope is promoting envy. The Catholic Church, I had always understood, disapproves of envy, deeming it one of the seven deadly sins. I would have expected Francis to urge people to think of themselves in relation to God and to their own fullest potential. Encouraging people to measure themselves against others only leads to grief. Resenting the success of others is a sin in itself."

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-15/why-is-pope-francis-promoting-sin-.html

Edited by wrecking ball - December/16/2013 at 08:47
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2013 at 07:40
The dreaded wealth envy strikes again.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2013 at 08:05
w b, very well put.

Excellent
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2013 at 10:31

" For ye have the poor always with you, but Me ye have not always. "  

Matthew 26:11

Visit the Ed Show
wrecking ball View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrecking ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2013 at 11:32
I think may are ignorant to the differences between materialism and capitalism. The difference is really like night and day.

Materialism is all about the new and the best to fill a void/voids. In turn just leads to more things, those squares won't fit in to round holes.

Capitalism is about taking the current given situations and making life here on earth the best one can do.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2013 at 12:45
Good stuff, WB! Excellent points all around!

Bravo!Excellent
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2013 at 12:01
Originally posted by wrecking ball wrecking ball wrote:

I think may are ignorant to the differences between materialism and capitalism. The difference is really like night and day.

Materialism is all about the new and the best to fill a void/voids. In turn just leads to more things, those squares won't fit in to round holes.

Capitalism is about taking the current given situations and making life here on earth the best one can do.

Great definitions.
Reaction time is a factor...
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrecking ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2013 at 12:46
Our country is really getting it wrong these days. Wealth equity is all the rage in the media. True financial wealth is earned, riches given away out of guilt result in a fleeting financial security.

The warm and fuzzy feelings of spreading the wealth only works in a Hollywood film set than hour or two later the movie is over.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2013 at 13:11
Rustic?? Is that you...again?? 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2013 at 13:56
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Bingo!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2013 at 14:02
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I just compared wrecking ball's IP address against the IP that rustic and his other aliases used, and guess what?

They're all using the same IP provider, all having the same number series in the first 5 digits of the addresses, all originating from the same place.

Rustic,
Stop creating new user accounts! Your original "rustic" account is still valid... for now. There's no need to hide under different identities. What's your reasoning for hiding behind different user names? Is it because you feel you made too big a fool of yourself under the "rustic" handle, or do you think this is some kind of game?

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrecking ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 13:37
Sorry, I have offended with my outspoken opinion, feel free to delete thread.

Peace Out
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 13:49
Originally posted by wrecking ball wrecking ball wrote:

Sorry, I have offended with my outspoken opinion, feel free to delete thread.

Peace Out

Same ol' Rustic, doesn't get the point. It's not your opinion being questioned, it's your trying to be deceptive with your user account.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 14:01
You have not "offended with (your) outspoken opinion" at all! In fact, most here share your opinion on this matter.

What is "offensive" is your dogged determination to keep creating new user accounts and hide under new identities. What is "offensive" is you insult our intelligence by thinking we won't figure out your identity. What is "offensive" is your dishonest refusal to address our point blank questioning of whether you are the same person who once posted as "rustic." What is "offensive" is the lies you told under previous user names when your identity was questioned, preferring to use ridiculous explanations for so many improbable coincidences vs. simply manning up and admitting you're playing games.

Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 14:15
Rustic / Wrecking Ball,
You cannot open multiple user accounts. If you want to participate on OT, log in under your "rustic" account, as it's still active. "Wrecking Ball" has now been suspended, however. Your cryptic reaction to our point blank questioning only confirms your identity.

Stop feigning victimhood. Either log in as "rustic" or stay away from OT. Those are your only 2 options.
Ted

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2013 at 07:57
Rustic, I enjoy many of your post, and I have been wondering where you have been. It's better to hear from you than it is an assumed identity. It's easier to understand where you are coming from than to try and figure out what a stranger is really trying to say. And like Ted said, most of us here share your opinions.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2013 at 08:26
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic