OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NEW SCOPE FOR CHRISTMAS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boxstereye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW SCOPE FOR CHRISTMAS
    Posted: December/14/2013 at 15:07
Looking to buy a new scope for my AR and have narrowed it down to 3: Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x20mm or TrijonAccuPoint 1-4x24 30mm or Burris XTR Tactical 1x4-24mm??? Any suggestions from the elves....Thanks again in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all....
B
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2013 at 09:31
I've recently had the opportunity to spend some time, unexpectedly, with the SS 1-4 HD.  I must say, it "kicks it".  I've looked at the others mentioned and they all are decent, but the SS 1-4 is truly awesome.  It has a "true" 1x low end and the 4x is clean, crisp, no edge effects, easy to  "acquire" the target, great eye box.  I am very impressed with it.  If you must "settle", the Burris XTR is very nice, but I am unsure of the QA and toughness.  The SS is one of the toughest scopes on the market.  

Go for the gusto...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2013 at 15:00
I have the 1-4 trijicon with red post and like it very much its on a 20 in bolt action .223.
If you are willing to dial in correction for trajectory and shoot out to greater distances the SS scopes are awesome and in addition to the 1-4 previously mentioned there is a 1-6 which I think is a really exciting power range for an AR.  Much depends on how the rifle will be used because if a guy wanted to hunt prairie dogs with it then he would need a lot more magnification but for coyotes I love the Trijicon with its illumination not requiring battery power. In any case SWFA will treat you right, I've had great luck with their scopes.
SWFA SS HD 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS HD 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SSHD14X24T
  • Matte Black Finish
  • First Focal Plane Illuminated T (Post/Mil-Scale)
  • 30mm Tube
  • .10 Mrad
  • HD Model
  • Exposed Turrets
$799.95

SWFA SS HD 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS HD 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SSHD14X24D
  • Matte Black Finish
  • First Focal Plane Illuminated Donut (Circle/Mil-Scale)
  • 30mm Tube
  • .10 Mrad
  • HD Model
  • Undercover Turrets
$799.95 

SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SSHD16X24D
  • Matte Black Finish
  • First Focal Plane Illuminated Donut (Circle/Mil-Scale)
  • 30mm Tube
  • .10 Mrad, 10 Mils per Rev.
  • HD Model
  • Undercover Turrets
$999.95   

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2013 at 15:02
If you can stand to loose a little on the bottom end this is a true bargain.
SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SS39X42MQ
  • Matte
  • Patented First Focal Plane Mil-Quad Reticle
  • 30mm
  • OK for .50 cal
  • 0.1 MRAD
$599.95 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2013 at 23:12
This SS 1-4 is on the sample list for $680 and has a mount as well.

http://www.samplelist.com/SWFA-SS-1-4x24-Tactical-Rifle-Scope-W-Burris-PEPR-DEMO-B-P67583.aspx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic