OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What are you doing on this fine day 666.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you doing on this fine day 666.
    Posted: June/06/2006 at 12:24

Just curious to know what all of you fine folks are doing on this nice day.

I will be at the Frontline assembly concert tonight in the city.

Sneaky View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 12:40
I get to spend this fine day in and out of an MRI.  I already had one this morning at 6:30 am now i'm just heading out the door for another one.  Dislocated my shoulder a week and a half ago playing softball, so need to find out if anything is torn.  The worst part about the deal is I received my burris FF II I ordered from the site and haven't been able to sight it in yet due to my shoulder.  Did everyone go to www.betus.com and bet on the the world ending or surving today.  Somebody actually came up with 100,000-1 odds that the world won't end.  Good luck collecting if the world does end.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 13:11
Dang it!  I didn't realize the world was supposed to end today!!!!  I've got so much stuff I wanted to get done too!
catusbill View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catusbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 13:48
I going to wet the house down with the hose in cash that fire blows in from California.
Left coast is to hot to handle. South mountain boy will try to survive.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 13:48
Damm, I guess I should go out and cut the grass before it's too late!!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 14:09
I am home sick today.  Some strange virus: I can barely talk.  My wife had it a few days ago.  I suppose now is my turn.

Ilya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 15:46

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I am home sick today.  Some strange virus: I can barely talk.  My wife had it a few days ago.  I suppose now is my turn.

Ilya

Get well soon, kosh.

I'm just getting home from a day of work, that started at around 0200.

A "hellish" day to say the least.......

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 16:55

Suck it up CT,

A hot cot, and no MRE's, you know, our days are easy. I had one for lunch the other day just to get some stares at work. It sure makes people think, and thats a good thing. Get well, Koshkin. I went out an voted today.  Somehow I just think the world will not end tonight. Just a guess, but I could be wrong.  

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 19:36
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Suck it up CT,

A hot cot, and no MRE's, you know, our days are easy. I had one for lunch the other day just to get some stares at work. It sure makes people think, and thats a good thing. Get well, Koshkin. I went out an voted today.  Somehow I just think the world will not end tonight. Just a guess, but I could be wrong.  

I hear ya. I'm just getting older.

MRE's??

Heck, these GI's got it made eating MRE's!!

I ate my first one last year at a gun class. I thought I was at the Waldorf Astoria!!

They are a whole world better than than the C-Rats we had issued back in the day.

All kidding aside....Your right!  Were lucky to be able to return home tonight.

I'm going to hit the rack right now.

Beenie Weenies!!!! Yikes!! 

You old timers know what I mean......

Now I'll be dreaming about those darn things!!

cheaptrick....OUT!

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 19:45
Gentlemen, thank you for the good wishes.

As far as MREs go, I recently tried them and they are not all that bad.  If you think they are bad, try what the feed russian soldiers. 

If you think what they feed russian soldiers is bad, try what the fed us in school cafeteria back in Russia.

ILya
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 20:39

Koshkin,

You win, I don't really want to know what they fed you poor unfortunate souls. You can appreciate your freedoms here more than most I would dare say. My only experience with Russian Military, was tracking Bear D's, Badgers, and various other aircraft, Did meet one Russian Sailor ( conscipt more likely ), but I don't think he was Russian, poor guy fell overboard off an AGI. I think they told him we would eat him instead of help him. (ROFL)  He was scared out of his wits, dang near drown trying to stay away from the lifeboat. That was many years ago. We loaded him down with Marlboro Reds,Snickers bars, and Red Man and got him back to his ship. He was probably in more danger when he got back onboard than when he was with us. 

hotshot110 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotshot110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2006 at 22:29
I guess if the world is going to end i had better go and buy one more six pack from the local store. It's been nice chatting with all of you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2006 at 03:56

Steel Benz:

Speaking of "Marlboro Reds".

They don't put smokes in the MRE's like they did the C-Rats??

They had a little box with 5 smokes in them.

Not politically correct I guess.  

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2006 at 20:42
No, But the M&Ms are not that bad and EVERYTHINGS good with Tabasco. Funny thing is, some folks thought that folded up paper was a napkin.     I didn't have the heart to tell'em wath you use it for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic