OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scheme of Schemes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheme of Schemes
    Posted: November/22/2013 at 14:28
http://www.bidgunner.com//auctions/aurus2472404215lued  I happened upon this auction/site  this morning. Hours later, the bid price is currently $13.25 and the same two guys are still trying to outbid each other. Each bid increments the price by 1 penny ($.01,) so there are 100 bids/dollar increase... each bid costs the bidder 65 cents ($0.65), so the auction house has now "sold" the gun for [1325 X .65 =  $861.25]... and the end is not in sight...not bad for a pistol with full retail price of $401. 

If the two bidders aren't shills, then they are surely fools.

The auction is put on by Bud's Gun Shop, in Lexington, KY. I was on their mailing list, but no more. Anyone who would put on a scheme like this will never get my business.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2013 at 14:59

I lost all respect for them when they were doing auctions during the silliness earlier this year. They took a number of poor schmucks for $4700 for a Colt 6920LE or was it a 6940LE. They did the same thing with a number of different firearms.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2013 at 15:40
I just went back and watched some more- anyone bidding in the auction automatically loses their bid and $.65 or more. Here's why: there are 4 "Bidbutlers" operating on that auction, at this time. The BidButlers automatically increment the bid, whenever anyone bids. e.g. Joe Schmoe bids- it costs him 65 cents... 4 Bidbutlers automatically  outbid him. If Joe is new to this game (very likely), then he WILL lose all of his bids.  Any bidder who set up a Bidbutler automatically loses their money, too, that is, if the bidbutlers aren't mere shill bid mechanisms. To play, a person has to buy a "BidPackage" of 50- 500 "bids",with $.65 bids when buying 500 and lesser packages costing more per bid.  Newbies will all get hammered until they figure out the scheme.
Just decide how much you want to lose and step right up!

The auction house is offering "2nd chance" buys for auction losers. Whatever you spend on a losing auction, they will give you back $.50/bid to spend toward full- retail price of the gun. Such a deal.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2013 at 17:04
I just buy stuff that has A PRICE!!    
Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2013 at 07:47
Those penny auctions site are nothing but thievery and should be outlawed just like pyramid schemes.

I 1000% agree with Alan...Buds gun shop will never get any of my business, they are forever on the disreputable list!

Edited by budperm - November/29/2013 at 07:57
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2013 at 07:56
First one I saw was Qui-Bids @ $1 per bid.  $$1000MRSP item would auction off like Alan said... each bid incremented price 1¢.  If item sold for $200 then seller made $20,000 - $1000msrp = $19000 additional profit above full retail!!!  Auctions ran on timers, closing after a specific period of bid inactivity.  What an obvious scam but people were lined up......Loco
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic