OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

kahles 2-7x36mm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cervus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kahles 2-7x36mm
    Posted: November/20/2013 at 12:58
Currently own a kahles 2-7 CL which Im absolutley stoked with. Are in the market for another scope and have the opportunity to purchase a new CT 2-7x36mm or kahles latest offering 2-7x36 KX model.
My question,  is there any optical/glass difference between the CT line or the current KX line??

ADKHunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADKHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2013 at 10:08
cervus,
    I just sent an email to Kahles requesting information on their current Helia KX 2-7X36 model. Specifically how it compares to the discontinued 1" models (AH, CL, etc.) and if it is or will be available in the US. I will post their reply when I get it.
Lee
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2013 at 10:27
Since the KX version was just recently announced, I don't believe anyone knows for certain and only Kahles can answer that question.

ADK, I look forward to hearing the reply you receive from Kahles.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
ADKHunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADKHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2013 at 18:53
I received this response from Kahles today:

Hello and thank you for contacting Kahles Optics,

This model is not currently sold in the US but we are working on offering new optics to our hunting line in the coming years. The 2-7 is an optic we would really like to bring to the US but the manufacturing and importing costs of this scope make it very expensive in the US. This scope would sale for nearly 1400 in the US with the 15% import tax.

Regarding technology, the KX line has the pinnacle of lens coatings and optical design. This is the latest and most state of the art system we are offering at the moment. To your eye, same power range and conditions, you would notice a more brilliant color through the KX over the AH CL line. These still are great scopes even though they are aged, as I use a AH 3-9x42 for short range hunting and have never been left wanting more for what I use it for. The KXi, which we currently offer is a 3.5-10x50 optic with illumination. if you are looking for an incredibly durable and lightweight scope, please consider this optic.MSRP is 1488 on it and it is offered with two reticles. The 4D and 4D-Dot.

Regards, and please let me know if you have any questions or if i can be of additional support,
Ken
Lee
cervus View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cervus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 18:28
Thanks for replys. I have gone ahead and purchased a kx 2-7. it certainly seems very sharp and clear to my eyes. Are awaiting a new rifle which I have on order, so will be at leasty another 2months before I have the opportunity to use it..... 
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 19:58
Congratulations on your choice. I am sure you will love it.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2013 at 05:35
The Kahles 2-7 is a fantastic scope.  I have 3 of the CLs with MultiZero and they hopefully will be some of the last ones I part with...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic