OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Meostar 4-12x50 vs. Conquest 3.5-10x50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heelyeah1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meostar 4-12x50 vs. Conquest 3.5-10x50
    Posted: November/05/2013 at 09:39
I am looking to put a new scope on an a-bolt 270. Narrowed my choices to the Meopta Meopro 4-12x50 with #4 reticle, Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x50 #4 reticle and Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50 with Plex. I can hunt 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after sunset. Will need performance both in the woods and out on open fields. Obviously don't wanna break the bank. The Viper is the cheaper of the 3 since I found a special deal on one, but would have to spend at least $50 more on a 30mm mounting system. I think the other 2 will fit with the DNZ medium mount I already have. Any opinions?
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2013 at 12:09
meopta
tac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2013 at 16:25
I was in the same dilemma and opted for the Conquest.  The biggest reason was I could not get my hands on a Meopta to look it over.  there is only one vender in Oregon and they are hours away.  the second reason was price.  I found a deal on the Conquest that brought it down well below the price of the Meopta.   The third reason was the rapid Z reticle.  I do a lot of long distance shooting (deticated scopes and rifles) and I'm used to ranging and adjusting or making corrections with my reticle. Even though this will be going on a hunting rifle my hunting will be split between high desert and heavy woods where my twilight shooting will be up close and personal and centering a deer in my scope is all that's needed.  Does the Meopta inch it out in at twilight?  Maybe... but price and reticle selection tipped it the other way for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic