OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Any Republican Drop-Outs Here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2013 at 22:14
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Yes, Louie Gohmert. I have heard him on the radio often.  He's from Tyler, isn't he?  I like him! 

Yes, he's from Tyler. My in-laws live in Tyler, and Louie is a very close personal friend of my wife's family.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2013 at 22:14
A new poll says that ANY tea party candidate beats John Cornyn by a substantial margin

That's why he's running all those commercials on the conservative talk radio stations

He might just get primaried

But what's up with all those people who keep electing John McCain?  Idiots!
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2013 at 22:18
Originally posted by sakomato sakomato wrote:

A new poll says that ANY tea party candidate beats John Cornyn by a substantial margin

That's why he's running all those commercials on the conservative talk radio stations

He might just get primaried

But what's up with all those people who keep electing John McCain?  Idiots!

Yep, just like Ted Cruz did to David Dewhurst.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2013 at 22:30
This is an example of why we need to keep fighting complacency and do everything we can to "primary" the RINOs to get more Cruzes. This kind of bullsh** has lasting negative consequences:

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-criticizes-doj-for-arguing-international-treaty-can-trump-the-constitution/article/2538205

This is also why I'm not in favor of "voting them all out;" only those who sell us out.
Ted

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 04:58
( sigh).....here's what I am taking away from this. 

We are supposed to find and support a real, American Tea Party, Constitutional-type politician.  We struggle at grassroots level against incredible odds to defeat The Republicans who are doing everything in their power to destroy us at this stage of the game---and maybe we win one every once in a while---and then we push until we win the ( State, local, city, etc. ) election.  ....and then Our Man finally enters the arena as.........a Republican!!! 

Then, not only does that candidate ( now Senator, Representative, whatever..) have to fight The DEMOCRATS ( the Total LEFTIES ) which is the MAIN EVENT!--- but he also has to fight the REPUBLICANS!!----Which HE is supposed to be part of...!! ] -----, and the MEDIA. 

THEN, every Four Years The Republicans field yet ANOTHER Political HACK to run for President against the COMMUNISTS....and now we are supposed to support THEM!!!??   

We've been doing this for the past twenty five years and now this country is just about done.....

Take away the Republican's BASE!!  They will be left with 20% of the Electorate....they will wind up being...... the GREEN PARTY!!  

Someone's got to do it.   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 05:05
Forty Per Cent of America is Conservative and WE are utterly UN-REPRESENTED!!

We are wasting our numbers!!  The Establishment Republicans are never going to win any of the dissatisfied Low Information Democrat Voters away from the Democratic herd...

Visit the Ed Show
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 05:09
I'd put LBJ up there for worst of the modern era. You got both massive social spending forever and a dishonestly run war.

Putting aside differences between RINOS and tea partiers, here's something to think about. Reform, which mainly means cutting the cost of Social Security, Medicare and the military, hurts Republicans - of any stripe - more than Democrats. These are the main expenditures of the Federal government and benefit their constituents. Younger voters (other than service members) will reap the benefit of cuts to these programs and they tend to vote for Democrats.

Also, for the first time in 100 years more non-Hispanic whites are dying each day than are being born. In 30 years, whites will be in the minority in this country. Demographic trends are just about impossible to change much so don't count on Republicans doing much. Eventually, even the gerrymandering that has them running the House will be altered when state legislatures tilt back left in enough places.

Not saying I like it, just that this is the reality. If you get thrown in the ocean, better be prepared for it. Pretending you're still on dry land won't help.
Reaction time is a factor...
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 05:49
Well, trying to figure out how to fix things and getting into The Solutions for what ails America and has us teetering on the Brink of Bankruptcy is an issue to deal with after we figure out how to get some Patriots up in Washington.

Kind of like Mark Levin's Liberty Amendments...that's a long term process to regain the Republic...

We need to concentrate on winning elections with the right people...and the Republicans are the Wrong People....even the "brand" has been destroyed....the Democrats destroyed it with their propaganda and the Republicans themselves have destroyed it with their collaboration with the ENEMY.  

Anyway, I think we need a Liberty Party that will not be feeding on itself like piranhas...
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 05:54

Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 06:21

" Everybody come back and talk, please!!  Eduardo is only having a petit mal breakdown. " 

" He's saving his Big One for when budperm makes another post..."    

Visit the Ed Show
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 08:47
I hear ya, Ed, and I can totally relate to your frustration. It's a stacked deck. It sucks when the very people who are supposed to have our back stab us in the back.

Unfortunately, the only way we can change this is we have to continually work to either reform the Republican party or find a way to make a 3rd party viable so that the 3rd party candidate is alone on the ballot against the dems in the general elections. It's a 2 party system, and every election, there are only 2 candidates for anything above the office of mayor who have a prayer of winning. If a viable 3rd party doesn't happen, then we just have to elect better Republicans and vote out the RINOs. Unfortunately, our idea of a Republican here in TX is an entirely different animal than a "Republican" along both coasts.

I don't really know what the solution is. Washington DC has a way of corrupting people, politicians lie, and the only constant for the typical politician is they can be depended on to do whatever they perceive is in their best interest to maintain power.

Ted

stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 11:09
I agree with most of what you said Ted but you are doing exactly what the liberal republicans want & that is have the people believe that there is a division in our ranks.

The only part of Penn that carried the dumycrats was Philly & Pittsburg (PP part of the state [:} )the rest of my state was republican.If you don't believe me ask Bud or Trigger how there area voted.My own area voted 92% republican.

I have family in Va,Georgia & NY and they are all republican.The west coast is probably as you said a different animal but there are a lot of people on the East coast who feel as you do.

My whole point was by you saying we are different type of republican then you guys is splitting the party & that's what the dummycrats want to hear,

Penn has the most liberal guns laws in the country so what is that saying about the people,after all most of us up here are bible carring gun toting farmers.

Sorry end of rant.......................
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 11:13
Forgot to add Ed's name to the list of people living in Pa. He used to live 20 miles from where I now live till he moved to Texas a few years back.What say ye ED ?
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 11:33
There is really no good solution here and we have to work with lesser evil.  Power corrupts and even term limits won't help that much.

I would consider making it illegal for lawyers to run for office though...

ILya
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 11:55
I don't want to split the party. I also don't disagree with anything you said, Ernie... except that there's always been and always will be divisions in the ranks of both parties whether we like it or not. People will never agree on all issues, even some of the major issues that supposedly define the parties, and that will never, ever change. Therefore, the battle then becomes which sets of ideals wins out and dominates the thinking of the candidates in each party during any given election cycle?

All of us participating in this conversation want conservatives around the country to vote for true conservative candidates and vote out the John McCains of the world. So, why isn't that happening? Could it be because the majority on the right across the country are more moderate than we are?

The major media is, has been, and maybe always will be in the tank for the Left. They will report huge divisions on the right, whether those divisions are real or not, because all leftists are first and foremost devoted to destroying and mocking us at every opportunity. They said the same things and made all the same predictions of our downfall right before Reagan was elected by a huge landslide -- twice.

My point is, we have to deal with reality. We will always have enemies both from "within" and from outside our ranks. If we vote for a 3rd party candidate because we dislike the cards we've been dealt instead of voting for the candidate running against the democrat who has any chance of winning, we're in essence voting for the democrat by default. We have a traditional 2-party system. Until that changes, we have to work to reform the party which most closely represents us at a grassroots level, before the general elections. For all its many faults, the Republican party is still FAR better than the alternative, so we have to punish those in party leadership who don't reflect our values. 

I know full well that the major cities in many states control the state politically, Penn being a prime example. This is due to concentrated populations of people who are dependent on the government in our inner cities. Our side's argument for less government, more personal responsibility, lower taxes, and free enterprise will always be a hard sell to these people compared to "Santa Claus." So, we have to find some true statesmen on our side who can articulate our message better so the uninterested (what Limbaugh calls "low information voters"), more moderate portion of the population gets on board with us.

Edited by RifleDude - October/31/2013 at 12:01
Ted

Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 12:15
As long as there is corruption in the voting system your not gonna get ahead. It amazes me how blatant these jerks are. Our Governor signed into law voter ID requirements and there is opposition to it!!! Unbelievable!!!! Who would oppose such common since?? Even the fed is so arrogant as to file suit because of it. We are the majority but our voice has effectively been squelched. I hate to say it but, We actually need a major collapse of some sort to allow us to take our nation back. We'll have to rescue ourselves, cause that ain't this administration's agenda. Dem, Rep, Tea party, they are just focused labels to keep everybody occupied while they continue to gut us from within.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 12:40
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

Our Governor signed into law voter ID requirements and there is opposition to it!!! Unbelievable!!!! Who would oppose such common since?? Even the fed is so arrogant as to file suit because of it. 

The Democrats, of course. The reason they oppose voter IDs is because they WANT illegals to vote. They know the majority of illegals will vote Democrat. Voter ID laws cut into their voter base and prevent voter fraud, and why would they want that? The dead people vote is an important demographic for them too! Career politicians usually place party politics ahead of the good of the country.
Ted

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 17:55

Visit the Ed Show
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2013 at 20:11
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Our Governor signed into law voter ID requirements and there is opposition to it!!! Unbelievable!!!! Who would oppose such common since?? Even the fed is so arrogant as to file suit because of it. 

The Democrats, of course. The reason they oppose voter IDs is because they WANT illegals to vote. They know the majority of illegals will vote Democrat. Voter ID laws cut into their voter base and prevent voter fraud, and why would they want that? The dead people vote is an important demographic for them too! Career politicians usually place party politics ahead of the good of the country.

Exactly!! Its common knowledge. Yet where are all the republicans who are pushing for voter ID??? Why isn't it a priority with the tea party??? Why isn't it being pushed thru in every state. The libs are not the majority, they just have control of the media to make it appear as though they are. Every freedom loving organization should be pushing for it. The NRA, the church, everybody who owns a gun. The only justification they have offered in opposition to voter ID is it "might" make it difficult for the elderly "blacks" to vote. If anyone wants to vote black, white, yellow, red they will do what is necessary. They do what is necessary to draw unemployment, medicare disability, retirement, food stamps. Its all malarkey and everybody knows it. If that one thing was made law it would be the single most effective action we would have to recover this country!!!!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2013 at 15:29

Yet where are all the republicans who are pushing for voter ID??? Why isn't it a priority with the tea party???

The Tea Party IS pushing for it. In fact, it's one of the big Tea Party issues. Some Republicans are pushing for it, especially in my state (TX). The problem in getting that argument out is threefold:

1. The establishment RINO Republicans aren't really for it either, as they get campaign donations from businesses who depend on cheap illegal labor.
2. The establishment Republicans try to distance themselves from the Tea Party because they're spineless and perceive if they show strong Tea Party support, they will lose votes.
3. The mainstream media is left biased and won't report on topics that have strong conservative support, unless in some way they can report on it negatively. So, you don't see the Republicans who support a voter ID law.
Ted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic