OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushmaster AR varminter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkelleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushmaster AR varminter
    Posted: October/18/2013 at 16:35
In the market to purchase a new scope for my AR.  I shoot p. dogs out to around 500 yards.  Had a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x 44 with the wide v-plex.The glass was clear but the color dispersion was awful. In the spring the grass is green and the p. dogs stand out amounst the sage and brown earth.  By mid summer everything is brown or gray.  When looking through the scope the colors were muted and the dogs were difficult to see. Also the eye relief dosent work for me.  I have seen several positive reviews on the Minox za5 scope and the Burris e1 scope..
My budget is around $500.00.  I would prefer 50mm objective and magnification around 20 0r 24.  Reticle choice would be fine cross hair or target dot.  Have not used the BDC type reticle, but I do not like the Nikon little circles, to hard on my old eyes.  Suggestion would be greatly appreciated, my wife is sick of me looking at scopes on the interweb for hours every night.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2013 at 16:46
Welcome to Optics Talk. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2013 at 16:55
I just left your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago. I really like SLC.

Welcome to OpticsTalk.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2013 at 16:58
Originally posted by dkelleigh dkelleigh wrote:

My budget is around $500.00.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2013 at 18:56
Originally posted by dkelleigh dkelleigh wrote:

In the market to purchase a new scope for my AR.  I shoot p. dogs out to around 500 yards.  Had a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x 44 with the wide v-plex.The glass was clear but the color dispersion was awful. In the spring the grass is green and the p. dogs stand out amounst the sage and brown earth.  By mid summer everything is brown or gray.  When looking through the scope the colors were muted and the dogs were difficult to see. Also the eye relief dosent work for me.  I have seen several positive reviews on the Minox za5 scope and the Burris e1 scope..
My budget is around $500.00.  I would prefer 50mm objective and magnification around 20 0r 24.  Reticle choice would be fine cross hair or target dot.  Have not used the BDC type reticle, but I do not like the Nikon little circles, to hard on my old eyes.  Suggestion would be greatly appreciated, my wife is sick of me looking at scopes on the interweb for hours every night.

Don't give up on that yet... if you look and pine long enough, maybe she'll buy you a Hensoldt... MINE did...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic