OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Buyer Beware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alplowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buyer Beware
    Posted: October/09/2013 at 11:55
I recently purchased a Weaver Classic Extreme from competitor SS thinking this is the same scope that Weaver used to produce. It's not! I noticed its vast inferiority to my Super Slam. So, I called Weaver. They politely, yet bluntly, informed me that this IS NOT in any way the same quality of the original WCE scopes produced in Japan. Save your money. Don't get ripped off. This is an inferior scope on all levels. Luckily for me mine came in with a broken reticle. I got my $ back. Sorry my first post is negative. But, I want everyone informed.
Have a good one.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2013 at 12:15
SWFA

RE-READ the rules of engaugement sir.

Sorry you got "ripped off"  and welcome to OT

Is your beef with the retailer or with Weaver? 

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
hatton mann View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatton mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2013 at 03:25
Was this inferior optic marked as to country of origin ?
JD548 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2013 at 08:41
lots of that going on flee-bay is wrapped up with fake leupolds.

i bought a fake one myself thought i knew it was fake --the shocker was how fast the turrets failed--never made it off the bench--LOL!
Alplowboy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alplowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2013 at 19:52
It was marked as Made in Philippines. It was not a fleabay purchase. But I can't say where. Just don't buy a newly produced WCE unless you want inferior glass. As for who my beef is with, I don't hold Weaver harmless bc they know what this seller is doing. But, the seller is shady IMO. I just wanted to make it known. Have a good one.
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2013 at 21:27
That scope sells for about half as much as a comparable Super Slam.
Most people wouldn't expect a $300 Weaver scope to be as good as a $600 Weaver scope.
nincomp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nincomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 01:27
Actually... sometime around 2008, the Classic Extremes did sell for $600.  A review was even posted on this site.  Then Weaver discontinued the things.  At this point, there were some honest-to-goodness clearance sales at roughly 50% off.  They sold quickly.  I have not seen them for several years.

So yes, for a short while,  a $300 Weaver was as good as a $600 Weaver.  Timing was everything.

Note that Weaver no longer lists these scopes.  It appears that this most recent batch consists of lower quality scopes.  Sneaky, sneaky.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic