OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Samplelist policies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samplelist policies?
    Posted: September/25/2013 at 11:16
Hi, new here on the forum & a very helpful member introduced me to the demo scopes on the sample list.  Can anyone tell me the policies on scopes purchased there?  Is there an kind of return policy if the scope doesn't function properly/hold zero, etc?  I just want to know what to expect if/when I make a purchase.

Thanks!
Philippians 1:6
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2013 at 11:19

Best to call SWFA, 1-972-SCOPE-IT and ask about the specific scope you're wanting.  Some companies have lifetime transferable warranties, some don't.  Won't hurt to Call and ask if you have one your eyeballing.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
B W M View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B W M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2013 at 15:55
You can go to competitor they have some rebuilt scope and some scopes that have some good prices on. I use the BSA scopes the Platinum and the Mil-Dot in 6-24X44mm. They have a life time warranty.  
X navy love long & short big & little Guns
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2013 at 16:07
Originally posted by B W M B W M wrote:

You can go to competitor they have some rebuilt scope and some scopes that have some good prices on.

Friend, please don't use our Gracious Host's website to pimp another vendors wares. It's in very bad taste and moreover, it's a violation of the rules that YOU agreed to abide by when you signed up here. 

Knock it off. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
jdnan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2013 at 16:30
Called them, the scope that I decided was just too good of a deal to pass up was the Optisan 1-4x24 for $109 with the S.S.A.L.T. mount.  The mount alone is worth $50.  They said that the scope has a lifetime warranty, honored & serviced by SWFA.  Since they are in Dallas and only about 30 minutes away, I drove out and picked it up.  I figured I couldn't go wrong for that price.  If I don't like the scope I'll sell it for $90 and keep the mount and have a super nice mount for the price of a junky one.  So far, I love this scope and I'm sure my son will love it as well.  Amazing scope for the money, I fell like a thief.Bandito

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2013 at 17:56
Good deal! Come back and let us know how it works out. 
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2013 at 09:37
Post some pics up.
jdnan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2013 at 12:20
Will do on Sunday, on my way to Houston now to watch my son graduate from the Houston Fire Dept academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2013 at 12:23
You need 50 posts to post pics. You can send them to me and I will post them if you wish.

Remshooter21@aol.com
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2013 at 12:27
Originally posted by jdnan jdnan wrote:

Called them, the scope that I decided was just too good of a deal to pass up was the Optisan 1-4x24 for $109 with the S.S.A.L.T. mount.  The mount alone is worth $50.  They said that the scope has a lifetime warranty, honored & serviced by SWFA.  Since they are in Dallas and only about 30 minutes away, I drove out and picked it up.  I figured I couldn't go wrong for that price.  If I don't like the scope I'll sell it for $90 and keep the mount and have a super nice mount for the price of a junky one.  So far, I love this scope and I'm sure my son will love it as well.  Amazing scope for the money, I fell like a thief.Bandito

anytime you do that feel free to put money on ole' SVT's accountWink

lol

Enjoy that scope. I  had one and was super surprised by it.  Great little scope for the money!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
jdnan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2013 at 07:38
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

You need 50 posts to post pics. You can send them to me and I will post them if you wish.

Remshooter21@aol.com

Will do, Thanks!
Lwest1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwest1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2013 at 19:22
What was the price you paid? Unbelievable!
jdnan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2013 at 21:21
Originally posted by Lwest1 Lwest1 wrote:

What was the price you paid? Unbelievable!
It was $109 + 8.25% tax for a total of $119.02.  It was listed as a "b" rated demo, but it looked brand new to me.  It didn't have the original box or paperwork, but they made me a copy of the paperwork from a new scope.  It seems to be built like a tank and I can't imagine anything even close to this quality for that kind of money.  

I took  it to the range today and sighted it in at 25 & then 50 yards.  Our 100 yard range is undergoing a makeover so I was limited to 50.  Using cheap Winchester white box 5.56 55 grain, I was able to achieve about 1.5" group at 50 yards, with the occasional flier, which is common with this ammo.  shot about 50 or 60 rounds total, scope seems to hold zero with no problems & glass is very nice.  I'm very surprised at how nice this scope is, especially given the money.  Illuminated reticle shows up fine in bright sunlight on red, but not so good on green, which surprised me.  The battery is used, so I have no idea how much degradation has occurred since the battery was initially installed in the scope.  I have a couple of cr 2032 batteries in my range bag, so I'll try a new one to see if it makes the green brighter.  Both are excellent at dusk or darker, on the lowest setting with no bleed over and no reflection from the front of the scope.  I have pictures that I can't post since I have less than 50 so I'll send the links to cheaptrick and he said he would post them for me.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2013 at 22:35
You got a DEAL !!!!

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
jdnan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2013 at 07:21
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

You got a DEAL !!!!

Thanks to you!  I wouldn't have noticed the Sample List if you hadn't told me about it. Excellent
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2013 at 08:17
Glad to help.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
jdnan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2013 at 11:23
Update on my Optisan "deal" 1-4x24.  When I shot the scope at the range I kept thinking that the reticle was slightly canted to the left, but I was in a hurry and didn't really check it out all that carefully.  I got busy and it took me a couple of weeks to reevaluate the scope. I put the rifle in a rest, locked it down perfectly level, then checked the scope again to make sure it was mounted level as well.  I then look through the scope and, to my disappointment, the reticle was definitely canted about 5-10 degrees to the left.  I took it back up to SWFA and, of course, they agreed & gave me a full refund which I used to purchase a new Mamba, at the $149 price, since overall, I like the scope for the money.  I've since fired it several times at the range & have happy enough to consider another one, although I'm also looking at a Millet, used for about the same price.  As soon as I test the BDC turret at 200 yards, I'll post a review.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic