OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

anyone use the meostar 3-12x56?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone use the meostar 3-12x56?
    Posted: September/13/2013 at 07:44
looked thro one the other day. was mounted on a gun. was surprised that it didnt really look or feel extra heavy. love the red dot ... considering buying one if i come across at least somewhat of a deal. anyone own one and what r ur thoughts?
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 07:45
I have one and LOVE it
it is an outstanding low light scope..
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Outrider View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 11:59
Have the second focal plane, German #4 reticle, illuminated model and used it for the last two years on a green field rifle. Coupled with a good 8 X 56 binocular, it is "bad news" on low light whitetails. That said and because I'm always looking for a "better mousetrap", currently considering the Zeiss Victory 3 X 12 X 56 HT with #30 ill dot as a possible next low light scope.  Until then, the Meostar will continue to look out the shoot houses.
Outrider
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 12:10
i wonder if the meopro 3.4-10x44 illuminated reticle is close optically to the meostar 56mm..i reckon it probably isnt quite as good in lowlight
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 12:15
the 56 will get you maybe 5 more minutes on a dark night

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 12:32
I have the Meostar R1 3-12x56 with 4B reticle.  Love it.  It is on a Voere Shikar 300 WinMag.  Have not hunted with it yet (intend to this year), but do some lowlight target shooting.  No complaints... none.  Outstanding scope.  Seems to be a very good fit for the 300WM.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 12:34
ye my uncle has the 3-12x56 conquest on his.   andhe just ordere another    lm more of a meopta guy and pretty sure the meostar is a little better than the conquest
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 12:36
yep... Meopta glass is better than Conquest

verminator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 14:49
be nice to compare my..XOTIC rifle scope 4-16x50 to the above when I get it. a friend has the MeoptaBig Smile
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 17:55
For ME, the Meopta will win glass quality and elegance, the XOTIC will win ruggedness, adjustment range and tactical utility. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 19:51
oops the XOTIC is a 4-16x56 not a 50...but we will see how it compares glass wise with the meosterBig Smile
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2013 at 20:10
is the meostar parallax adjustable says it's on the objective bell here..http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/shop/us/r1-3-12x56-rd/meostar-r1-3-12x56-rd/ctgRus.html
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2013 at 13:07
looking at a meostar 3-12x56? last night as the light was failing we compared it to the weaver classic extreme 2.5-10x56..a slight nod to the meostar on the lower mags seemed a touch brighter. the detail and colours seemed a touch better in the weaverExcellent on the higher mags to full mag the weaver seemed to have better clarity prob due to the s/fBig Smile which is absent on the meostar  
MeoptaSurujh View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2013 at 08:34
The only MeoStar riflescope with parallax adjustment is the MeoStar R1 4-16x44.  It has an adjustable objective.
The MeoPro 6-18x50 has third turret parallax adjustment.
Yes I work for Meopta, but I am not here to sell Meopta. Just answering questions and providing reasonable insight.
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2013 at 12:29
I use the 3-12x56 with the 4K sfp for nighttime coyote hunting and think this scope works real well :)  

Edited by coyote95 - September/19/2013 at 14:44
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2013 at 12:29
Originally posted by MeoptaSurujh MeoptaSurujh wrote:

The only MeoStar riflescope with parallax adjustment is the MeoStar R1 4-16x44.  It has an adjustable objective.

pity they never put it on the 3-12x56Howdygot my USS tday seem's to be built like a tank never had s/f this stiff not even on my s/b precision hunterShocked its mint in the box never had rings on it he also threw in a pair a badgersBig Smile first impressions  very clear colours are vibrant and clarity pin sharp...yet to compareYippee    
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2013 at 12:31
I don't think AO is needed in hunting rifle when 99% of the shots are going to be under 400

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2013 at 12:52
I think its a must over here in the uk were we are shooting small targets...especially when shooting at night with a nv mono and laser illuminatorBig Smile
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2013 at 12:35
[QUOTE=MeoptaSurujh] The only MeoStar riflescope with parallax adjustment is the MeoStar R1 4-16x44.  It has an adjustable objective.
[

surprised you never mentioned the ZD line got a chance to play with this tday 6-24x56 s/f locol lad has one compared it to the xiotic...this  was slightly sharper colours were similar contrast was better only by a nodExcellent looked a very well made bit off kitt...but at 1400 pounds  uk price Shocked it should be
MeoptaSurujh View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2013 at 06:59
The ZD 6-24x56 is not available in the USA so I didn't mention it, but yes, it has side focus paralax adjustment.
Yes I work for Meopta, but I am not here to sell Meopta. Just answering questions and providing reasonable insight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic